The “where is Hawkeye?” question is starting to get a bit silly when it comes to Avengers: Infinity War. For fans of the character they’re just wondering where he is and what his fate is going to be. We know he’s not only in Avengers: Infinity War but thanks to star Jeremy Renner on social media we know he’s in Avengers 4 as well. So what’s the deal? Well Total Film decided to straight up ask the Russo Brothers what’s going on.
“All will be explained when people see the movie,” says Anthony Russo when asked about Hawkeye’s continued absence. “It’s all tied into the story.”
The Marvel snipers are everywhere but as the magazine noted they know Hawkeye is in the movie because they saw him, and his new look, while on a set visit.
Hawkeye is in Avengers: Infinity War though and, as Total Film’s set visit confirms, he’s rocking a snazzy new look, complete with mohawk.
So why all the secrecy? We might have to wait until the movie comes out before we find out. There was one thing that definitely ended up on the cutting room floor and that’s a backstory for the villainous Thanos.
“We were considering showing [Thanos’] backstory,” says Anthony Russo, “but ultimately felt it wasn’t necessary for the movie.”
Actions speak louder than words and in this case the action of “wanting to kill half the universe” speaks volumes. We’ve already been told that the movie is essentially told from Thanos’ point of view and there is plenty they could tell us about him with some basic “show don’t tell”. It’s also the sort of thing that could easily get turned into a comic for the people that really want to know the details.
Summary: As the Avengers and their allies have continued to protect the world from threats too large for any one hero to handle, a new danger has emerged from the cosmic shadows: Thanos. A despot of intergalactic infamy, his goal is to collect all six Infinity Stones, artifacts of unimaginable power, and use them to inflict his twisted will on all of reality. Everything the Avengers have fought for has led up to this moment – the fate of Earth and existence itself has never been more uncertain.
Avengers: Infinity War, directed by Anthony and Joe Russo, stars Robert Downey Jr., Josh Brolin, Mark Ruffalo, Tom Hiddleston, Chris Evans, Chris Hemsworth, Jeremy Renner, Chris Pratt, Elizabeth Olsen, Sebastian Stan, Benedict Cumberbatch, Paul Bettany, Chadwick Boseman, Benedict Wong, Zoe Saldana, Karen Gillan, Vin Diesel, Dave Bautista, Pom Klementieff, Scarlett Johansson, Don Cheadle, Tom Holland, Bradley Cooper, Sean Gunn, and Anthony Mackie. It will be released on April 27th.
- Black Widow Gets Her Avengers: Infinity War Hot Toys Release
- [Spoiler-Free] A Quiet Place Review: The Best Movie of the Year So Far
- Wrestlemania Funko Reveal! Triple H, Asuka, Vince, Hardy Boyz, and More!
- MLB Games That You Should Watch on Friday, April 6
- Blockers Review: More Heart Than You Would Think, Still Very Raunchy
- Conor McGregor Loses It at UFC 223 Press Conference, in Police Custody
- Did Tom Holland Just Reveal the Title to the Spider-Man: Homecoming Sequel? - June 23, 2018
- Todd Mcfarlane Says the Production for Spawn Will Be Very Low Key - June 23, 2018
- Amber Heard Wanted a Comic-Accurate Version of Mera in Aquaman - June 22, 2018
- New Trailer for the Upcoming Thriller ‘Searching’ - June 22, 2018
- New Ant-Man and The Wasp Featurette, Plus a New TV Spot - June 22, 2018