Disney Cruise Line has unveiled an exciting new perk for guests — culinary port adventures! According to the Disney Parks Blog:
“These one-of-a-kind, culinary-themed Port Adventures are innovative and inspirational, just like the cooking and food trends the daytime talk show explores. Our friends Clinton Kelly, Carla Hall and Michael Symon, hosts of “The Chew,” have given their stamp of approval on these culinary adventures offered in countless destinations across the globe.
Master the secrets to creating exotic specialties from around the world during hands-on seminars and programs led by top chefs ashore. From a cooking lesson in Tuscany to a culinary bootcamp on Prince Edward Island and time at the Klipfish Academy in Norway, you’ll learn to prepare local favorites from an expert chef. The best part? Getting to enjoy your creation!
Eat, drink and enjoy a little something extra during select Port Adventures where savoring a delicious meal is only half the fun. In Alaska, feast on fresh seafood you’ve just caught on a fishing expedition off the coast of the scenic Tongass National Forest. On your adventures in Italy, compete in a cooking challenge at a local farm after exploring the ruins of Pompeii and the beauty of the Sorrento Coast.
Wine & Dessert
Work alongside kitchen pros during appetizing port excursions that teach everything from wine appreciation to dessert creation. After touring an 18th-century wine cellar in the Bahamas, you’ll indulge in a 4-course meal with expertly paired wines. During an excursion to discover the legend of Scotland’s Loch Ness Monster, you’ll decorate a cake to artistically express your unique take on the elusive creature.”
- Nerd Food: Don’t Worry, This Maleficent Cake Jar Won’t Put a Spell on You - July 17, 2018
- Nerd Food: Flying Dog Bleacher Beer is Summer in a Can - July 17, 2018
- Don’t Be Crabby! Relax with Sweet Suds’ Rainbow Crab Bath Bomb [VIDEO] - July 17, 2018
- Nerd Food: Watch Disneyland Candy Makers Create ‘Up’-Inspired Treats - July 16, 2018
- An Afternoon at Oriole Park at Camden Yards, One of the Most Family-Friendly MLB Parks - July 16, 2018