William Randolph Wintergreen is a British associate of superassassin Deathstroke. Ex-spook, as a member of the SAS he rescued the younger Slade Wilson and was Slade’s best man. Slade later rescued Wintergreen and when Slade became Deathstroke, Wintergreen became his butler and mentor.
He’s been seen as the dark flipped version of Batman’s Alfred Pennyworth, who has similar British and military experience, and butler to Bruce Wayne.
And in today’s sold-out Deathstroke #30, we learn of a history between the pair forged over alcohol and football — the proper kind of both. At an English bar in New York City, 10 years ago…
And we never hear from Penelope Blake again.
Always good to have a friend who knows the business as well as you do…
Wouldn’t you know it, there really is a Todd English pub in New York as well.
(W) Christopher Priest (A) Carlo Pagulayan (CA) Lee Weeks
“Deathstroke vs. Batman” part one! Beginning this month, a six-issue series-within-a-series featuring the ultimate showdown between DC’s fiercest rivals! When Batman discovers a mysterious package containing DNA test results proving that he is not Damian Wayne’s biological father, the Dark Knight sets his sights on his son’s true father-Deathstroke! But Damian Wayne can’t really be Slade Wilson’s son-can he? And who sent the package-and why? The ultimate custody battle ensues as the World’s Greatest Detective and the World’s Deadliest Assassin clash in this instant classic!In Shops: Apr 04, 2018
- Two Meta-Looks at Comics From Marvel and DC This Week - October 19, 2018
- Archie Comics Cancels Their Marvel Digest Volumes - October 19, 2018
- Marvel Comics Challenge Another Punisher Trademark Application by Militia Group - October 19, 2018
- So Why Are There No Comic Book Unions Then? - October 19, 2018
- Jim Steranko, Ron Frenz, George Perez, Barry Kitson and Alan Davis on The Liberty Brigade - October 19, 2018