A brand-new post went up today from the Square Enix development team on Steam, letting fans know that some new updates would be coming to the PC version of Chrono Trigger, including improved graphics. The changes are coming in the aftermath of fans ridiculing the Steam version after it was discovered that it was pretty much a port of the mobile version and not a true port of the original SNES game. Now to rectify that, over the next few months, the company will be adding in new changes to the system in order to make the game look and feel like its own version. Most likely, the version we should have gotten the first time around.
The biggest change by far is going to have to be the graphics so the game has both an updated feel but also harkens back to the look of the SNES version. Whether or not the gameplay will match is another story, as SE didn’t reveal any changes just yet saying they would give the full details after the first patch. The company also announced that the Limited Edition would get an extension on availability until April 30th at 9 a.m. PDT, for people who still wanted to purchase the whole package.
- Final Fantasy XV: Royal Edition Review: Still Enjoyable and Heartrending
- Square Enix Teases Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth on 12th Anniversary
- Beloved JRPG Chrono Trigger is Available Now on PC as well as Mobile
- Chrono Trigger Director Comments On The Game's Canon
- Cancelled Chrono Trigger Title Lives on in Final Fantasy Dimensions II
- Xbox Insiders Getting a Preview of the May Update Now - April 20, 2018
- Merged Zamasu Rumored as Next Dragon Ball FighterZ Character - April 20, 2018
- Watch Bill Nye Play With The Nintendo Switch Labo Sets - April 20, 2018
- Yoku’s Island Express Gets a Formal Release Date for May - April 20, 2018
- The Netherlands Declares Certain Loot Boxes Illegal - April 20, 2018