A brand-new post went up today from the Square Enix development team on Steam, letting fans know that some new updates would be coming to the PC version of Chrono Trigger, including improved graphics. The changes are coming in the aftermath of fans ridiculing the Steam version after it was discovered that it was pretty much a port of the mobile version and not a true port of the original SNES game. Now to rectify that, over the next few months, the company will be adding in new changes to the system in order to make the game look and feel like its own version. Most likely, the version we should have gotten the first time around.
The biggest change by far is going to have to be the graphics so the game has both an updated feel but also harkens back to the look of the SNES version. Whether or not the gameplay will match is another story, as SE didn’t reveal any changes just yet saying they would give the full details after the first patch. The company also announced that the Limited Edition would get an extension on availability until April 30th at 9 a.m. PDT, for people who still wanted to purchase the whole package.
- Square Enix Adds One Last Update to Chrono Trigger on PC
- Square Enix Sends Another Patch to Chrono Trigger on Steam
- Final Fantasy XV: Royal Edition Review: Still Enjoyable and Heartrending
- Square Enix Teases Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth on 12th Anniversary
- Beloved JRPG Chrono Trigger is Available Now on PC as well as Mobile
- Chrono Trigger Director Comments On The Game's Canon
- Cancelled Chrono Trigger Title Lives on in Final Fantasy Dimensions II
- ConcernedApe to Focus More on Stardew Valley for a While - December 14, 2018
- Epic Games Already Planning to Nerf and Vault the Fortnite Infinity Sword - December 14, 2018
- Nintendo Discontinues the NES and SNES Classic Editions - December 14, 2018
- Twitch to Air Holiday Spectacular Show to Look Back on 2018 - December 14, 2018
- Sixteen Years of Red vs. Blue: An Interview With Gus Sorola - December 14, 2018