The Overwatch crew released a new video last night, giving us some details as to what the next Uprising event will be — and it appears that this time around we may actually be getting much more than we bargained for. The video (featuring game director Jeff Kaplan and lead engineer Tim Ford) isn’t very long, but it gives great insight into their plans for the event as they will be adding something called “Archives” where you will get to go back in time and relive pivotal events in the history of the organization.
While you and I will be able to play the original Uprising mission showing Tracer’s first experience in the field, the team apparently have a set of archived missions that will become available in the game to some extent, with the first one set to be shown off on Wednesday night during the beginning of Stage 3 for the Overwatch League. It’s kind of an interesting path they’re taking, as it appears we’ll be getting more Uprising-like missions with the characters already in play but with different scenarios. Here’s hoping one of them is us playing as Reaper on Route 66 trying to shut down McCree and the Deadlock Gang.
- There's an Overwatch Comic About Blackwatch, But What Does Blackwatch Do?
- Overwatch Reveals New Event for Uprising in 'Retribution'
- Blizzard is Training Bots To Hunt Down Overwatch Griefers
- Blizzard Posts a New Trailer for Overwatch's Uprising Event
- Angry Overwatch Player's Wife Makes Him Do Psychotherapy Homework Sheets
- Jinx Announces New Gamer Hoodie Available Only at PAX East
- Blizzard Announces Overwatch's Second Uprising Event For April
- Arrow Season 6: Will Oliver and Diggle Fight Over the Hood?