Whenever I get to San Diego Comic-Con, I always get like to touch base with local store Yesteryear Comics. Six years old, they just signed a lease for another five years. So I will get plenty of chances in the future too.
This means when they get in touch to mention they have the last of the retailer exclusive variants from Miguel Mercado in the set for IDW’s G.I Joe, and that it just happens to finish with issue #250 and is limited to 500 copies — and it’s an homage to a previous G.I. Joe cover by Michael Turner known as the Renegar Cover, well, I’m more than happy to pass the news on. $25 each on eBay.
And here’s that cover in question…
Itself a thematic homage to the first G.I. Joe #21 by Larry Hama for Marvel Comics.
GI JOE A REAL AMERICAN HERO #250
(W) Larry Hama (A/CA) Netho Diaz
“Dawn of the Arashikage,” Part 5! Here it is-the conclusion to the latest explosive chapter in G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero lore! Dawn Moreno has battled dangerous enemies and her own inner demons as the ghost of the dead Snake-Eyes threatens to possess her mind and her very soul. Will she survive the psychic onslaught, or be lost to the dark memories of the mysterious ninja for all time? Find out in this special oversized milestone issue!
* The birth (and rebirth) of an all-new Snake-Eyes!
* A landmark issue!In Shops: Mar 28, 2018
- Alan Davis Joins Captain America #703 - April 26, 2018
- Which Back Issues are Getting the Avengers: Infinity War Effect – and Which Ones Might Be About To - April 26, 2018
- Many Armors of Iron Man Mini-Comic Given Away for Tony Stark: Iron Man Launch Party - April 26, 2018
- Why the Movie Thanos is More Chilling Than the Comic Book Thanos [Minor Spoilers] - April 26, 2018
- Almost All Marvel Comics Nominated for Eisners This Year Have Been Cancelled - April 26, 2018