I noted the other day that Marvel Comics was bringing the Marvels collection by Kurt Busiek and Alex Ross back into print later this year. DC Comics are also bringing back into print Absolute Kingdom Come by Mark Waid and Alex Ross and a paperback edition of Justice League: The World’s Greatest Superheroes by Paul Dini and Alex Ross.
This may be why…
Marvelocity by Alex Ross will be published on October 2, 2018 by Pantheon Books, thirteen years after the release of the Eisner Award-winning Mythology: The DC Comics Art of Alex Ross.
Marvelocity is a retrospective celebration of Marvel Comics, the other half of the comics galaxy that is currently ruling the world with Spider-Man, Iron Man, Captain America, Black Panther, the Avengers, the X-Men, Doctor Strange, the Guardians of the Galaxy, and the Fantastic Four.
With an introduction by J.J. Abrams, Marvelocity includes more than 50 previously unpublished sketches, working models, and other preparatory art, and a 14-panel portfolio gallery of Marvel’s characters. Marvelocity also contains a new 10-page story by Ross that pits Spider-Man against the Sinister Six. The first printing will be for 75,000 copies.
Marvelocity: The Marvel Comics Art of Alex Ross goes onsale on the 2nd October, full colour hardcover: 978-1-101871973 / $50 / 304 pages
Absolute Kingdom Comics goes back into print from October 16th. Marvels goes back into print on the 27th November. Justice League: The World’s Greatest Superheroes on December 24th.
- Ten Thoughts About Doctor Who – Rosa - October 21, 2018
- Rosa – The First Doctor Who to Make Me Cry Since Father’s Day - October 21, 2018
- Trailer for Next Week’s Doctor Who: Arachnids In The UK - October 21, 2018
- Rick & Morty Exclusives From MCM London Comic Con - October 21, 2018
- Donny Cates Delighted by Funko Exclusives at MCM London Comic Con Next Weekend - October 21, 2018