I noted the other day that Marvel Comics was bringing the Marvels collection by Kurt Busiek and Alex Ross back into print later this year. DC Comics are also bringing back into print Absolute Kingdom Come by Mark Waid and Alex Ross and a paperback edition of Justice League: The World’s Greatest Superheroes by Paul Dini and Alex Ross.
This may be why…
Marvelocity by Alex Ross will be published on October 2, 2018 by Pantheon Books, thirteen years after the release of the Eisner Award-winning Mythology: The DC Comics Art of Alex Ross.
Marvelocity is a retrospective celebration of Marvel Comics, the other half of the comics galaxy that is currently ruling the world with Spider-Man, Iron Man, Captain America, Black Panther, the Avengers, the X-Men, Doctor Strange, the Guardians of the Galaxy, and the Fantastic Four.
With an introduction by J.J. Abrams, Marvelocity includes more than 50 previously unpublished sketches, working models, and other preparatory art, and a 14-panel portfolio gallery of Marvel’s characters. Marvelocity also contains a new 10-page story by Ross that pits Spider-Man against the Sinister Six. The first printing will be for 75,000 copies.
Marvelocity: The Marvel Comics Art of Alex Ross goes onsale on the 2nd October, full colour hardcover: 978-1-101871973 / $50 / 304 pages
Absolute Kingdom Comics goes back into print from October 16th. Marvels goes back into print on the 27th November. Justice League: The World’s Greatest Superheroes on December 24th.
- It All Comes Down To This – #MarvelDeclassified Begins Tomorrow - July 22, 2018
- Cicada Put Through the Flash Blender and King Shark/Gorilla Grodd Team-Up – Q&A From Cast and Crew at SDCC - July 22, 2018
- Harry Potter: 20 Years of Magic, Please Take All My SDCC Money - July 22, 2018
- San Diego Comic-Con Paves the Road to the Thirteenth Doctor Who with Her Comics - July 22, 2018
- Major Malcolm Wheeler-Nicholson: The DC-Before-Superman Panel - July 22, 2018