You might think that a comic book publisher that holds licenses like Hasbro and Star Wars would be able to publish books without crowdfunding, but here we are again. IDW Publishing is taking to Kickstarter once again for the second edition of Full Bleed, the “hardcover magazine” (read: a book) covering comics and culture.
According to a press release, Full Bleed Volume 2: Deep Cuts will feature “interviews with comic legend Walter Simonson, noted author Nnedi Okorafor, and Gilbert & Jaime Hernandez of Love and Rockets fame; features on war photographers, traveling in Iceland, punk rock legends, old comic shops and the illuminati; new comics about the gods of ancient California, rock and roll concerts, and U-Boats; more new short fiction stories from noted authors; political rants from famed cartoonists, and more.”
“It’s been so gratifying to see the response to the first volume,” said Creative Director Dirk Wood in the press release, “but we’re just getting started here. As much as we loved how the first one turned out, this one takes it up a notch.”
Pledges start at $25 for a copy of the “magazine,” and include higher levels such as $3000 for a trip to New York Comic Con to hang around with IDW… provided they have any employees left to hang around with that point.
Here’s the Full Bleed mission statement (what would a “hardcover magazine” be without a mission statement?!:
FULL BLEED is a quarterly, print-only 200-page hardcover magazine, curated and edited by IDW Publishing’s Dirk Wood alongside CEO and founder, Ted Adams. Bringing together the very best in comics, fiction, non-fiction, in-depth interviews, opinion, history, think-pieces and more, FULL BLEED will be a reading experience like no other. This gorgeous hand-crafted cultural document will be a welcome addition to any bookshelf. Shot through an international lens, but filtered through the unique perspective of the IDW:PDX satellite office in Portland Oregon, FULL BLEED will tackle all aspects of the creative culture, and beyond — comics, music, film, television, fine art, photography, design, politics and more. FULL BLEED seeks true and total diversity through it’s content, creators and contributors, as well as genre and format.
Head to Kickstarter to pledge if you’re so inclined.
- Pat Neshek Makes Collectors Jealous, Pulls Shohei Ohtani Auto from Topps Heritage
- MLB Games That You Should Watch on Wednesday, April 4
- Thanos Demands You Add This Infinity War Hot Toys Release to Your Shelf
- Star Wars Y-Wing Fighter is the Newest UCS LEGO Ship, Hits Stores May 4
- Alien Queen Bursts Onto the Scene from Sideshow Collectibles
- Jean Grey Gets Weird With Nightcrawler in X-Men Red #9 Preview - October 19, 2018
- Would Thor Make a Good Loki? A Preview of What If? Thor #1 - October 19, 2018
- Improbable Previews: An HR Violation for the Mutant Liberation Front in Uncanny X-Men #1 - October 19, 2018
- Does Logan Make a Promise He Can’t Keep in Return of Wolverine #2? (Preview) - October 19, 2018
- Skottie Young Plays the High-Stakes Game of Footsie with Uncanny X-Men #1 Variant - October 19, 2018