How To Talk To Girls At Parties is a film I’ve personally been waiting for since it was announced. While not the biggest Neil Gaiman fan, this is probably my favorite of his short stories. Added in with one of my personal heroes in the director’s chair with the most perfect sensibilities for the project, this could be amazing.
Imagine you’re a teenager in 1970s South London. You and your best mate decide to crash a party — one that unbeknownst to you just happens to be populated by aliens. The original short story is a Gaiman touchstone of youth and intimidation, aliens, and sex.
John Cameron Mitchell (Hedwig and the Angry Inch, Shortbus, Mozart in the Jungle) is therefore the most perfect director EVAR for this project, and the buzz from early screenings is high.
The film stars Nicole Kidman as Queen Boadicea, Elle Fanning as Zan, Alex Sharp as Enn, Ruth Wilson as PT Stella, Tom Brooke as PT Waldo, and Joey Ansah as PT Bob.
A24 (PRAISE them!) just released this first full trailer this morning, and we couldn’t be more excited to see the film:
How To Talk To Girls At Parties is set for a May 18th release in the United States, and it opens in the UK the week before.
- A24, Apple Reunite Sofia Coppola and Bill Murray for 'On The Rocks'
- A24 Will Produce Several Films for Apple Under New Deal
- Bo Burnham Schools Us All with 'Eighth Grade'
- A24's 'Moonbase 8' TV Series is Coming
- We Learn 'How to Talk to Girls at Parties' with Neil Gaiman and John Cameron Mitchell
- Pat Neshek Makes Collectors Jealous, Pulls Shohei Ohtani Auto from Topps Heritage
- MLB Games That You Should Watch on Wednesday, April 4
- Thanos Demands You Add This Infinity War Hot Toys Release to Your Shelf
- Star Wars Y-Wing Fighter is the Newest UCS LEGO Ship, Hits Stores May 4
- Alien Queen Bursts Onto the Scene from Sideshow Collectibles
- Taking a Look: The SFFILM Lineup for 2018's Festival
- Let's Talk About Mozart In The Jungle Season 4 Episode 10
- Let's Talk About Mozart in the Jungle Season 4, Episode 1
- First Trailer For "How To Talk To Girls At Parties" Hits
- John Cameron Mitchell Joins Mozart In The Jungle
- First Look At 'How To Talk To Girls At Parties' Based Off Of The Neil Gaiman Short Story