I’m a fan of the Cinema Sins group and their “Everything Wrong With…” videos. They often catch things that most moviegoers don’t see and bring up plot holes that are never addressed… and they do so in a rather humorous way. That said, while their latest release on the recent Kenneth Branagh-directed/led Murder on the Orient Express brings up some interesting points through out the video, it also calls out some things that the film addresses. Or, at least, I believe the film addresses.
I reviewed the film when it came out and then listened to the audiobook version read by Branagh, as I hadn’t read the book since I was a teenager. The murder was crafted to take place on the train because it was the only place they could all get near Casetti. They booked up the entire car, with one fake name and since that person didn’t show, Bouc gave Poirot the space. There is a point where they point out that the train has only four cars, but later it seems like they have five… and that’s because after the first night, another car is added to the train in route that allowed Bouc to move up to the new car and gave Poirot his own cabin. These are just a couple of examples of things they called out as sins that were explained in the film.
Like I said above, I’m a big fan of the videos they do, but I think that they didn’t quite pay close enough attention on this film.
- Pat Neshek Makes Collectors Jealous, Pulls Shohei Ohtani Auto from Topps Heritage
- MLB Games That You Should Watch on Wednesday, April 4
- Thanos Demands You Add This Infinity War Hot Toys Release to Your Shelf
- Star Wars Y-Wing Fighter is the Newest UCS LEGO Ship, Hits Stores May 4
- Alien Queen Bursts Onto the Scene from Sideshow Collectibles
- Arrow Season 6: 12 New Photos for Episode 20, ‘Shifting Allegiances’ - April 21, 2018
- Black Siren Leads the Way for CW/DC’s Best of the Week - April 21, 2018
- Gotham Season 4, Episode 19 Recap: To Our Deaths and Beyond - April 21, 2018
- Agents of SHIELD Season 5, Episode 18 Recap: All Roads Lead… - April 21, 2018
- STARZ Pulls the Plug on Ash vs. Evil Dead After 3 Seasons - April 20, 2018