Zachary Quinto recently spoke with Canadian ET (as in Entertainment Tonight Canada, not a Spielberg remake filmed entirely in Vancouver) about the future of a certain little space franchise called Star Trek.
Specifically, NuSpock spoke about what could possibly be at least 3 scripts in various stages of development for Star Trek 4 (Kelvin Timeline, or JJVerse).
One script that’s been spoken about for awhile now is from Star Trek: Beyond co-writers Doug Jung and Simon Pegg. Although it didn’t get the hoped-for audience reactions nor box office backing, Beyond has been somewhat credited for doing what it could to ‘save’ the new take on the film franchise after that disastrous entry, Into Darkness.
There is the second possible script, from Patrick McKay and J.D. Payne who worked on Beyond before Jung and Pegg took over. Not much is known about this one, honestly.
The third script, while unlikely to happen for awhile (as Zachary points out), since newly Trek-i-fyed Quentin Tarantino is starting production on his next film Once Upon A Time In Hollywood about Charles Manson and Sharon Tate, is touched on breifly.
“I feel like we are in a state of anticipation,” said Quinto. “All of us are really excited about the idea of working with Quentin on a Trek film, but I know Simon Pegg and Doug Jung… are writing a script and there are another set of writers writing a script. So I don’t know. I don’t know what’s going to happen.”
You can see the segment here:
- Star Trek '09 Cast is Assumed in for Tarantino's Trek Film
- Did Jennifer Morrison Just Give Away a Plot Point for Star Trek 4?
- What's In The Box?!: Star Trek Mission Crate - April 2018
- JJ Abrams Updates From Paramount's Panel at CinemaCon- Cloverfield and More
- Thanos Demands You Add This Infinity War Hot Toys Release to Your Shelf
- Alien Queen Bursts Onto the Scene from Sideshow Collectibles
- A Chat With 'Legion', 'Star Trek' Composer Jeff Russo at #WonderCon
- Simon Pegg Blames Bad Marketing for Star Trek Beyond's Mediocre Box Office
- [#WonderCon] Inside the Writers' Room: Shows That Inspire
- That R-Rated Quentin Tarantino Star Trek Film Just Got a Screenwriter
- Patrick Stewart Interested in Returning for Quentin Tarantino's R-Rated Star Trek
- Quentin Tarantino's Next Movie is Due out in Summer 2019
- J J Abrams Says Chekov Won't Be Recast After Death Of Anton Yelchin
- Henry Cavill Wanted to Fight [SPOILER] in Man of Steel 2 - July 18, 2018
- Fathom Events Brings ‘The Big Lebowski’ Back to Theaters for 20th Anniversary - July 18, 2018
- BBC Releases 3 New Doctor Who Photos Ahead of SDCC - July 18, 2018
- 2 More ‘The Crown’ Season 3 Images: Helena Bonham Carter and Ben Daniels - July 18, 2018
- Jamie Foxx Auditioned to Play Spawn 6 Years Ago, Teases Plot of Reboot - July 17, 2018