Black Lightning is not part of the Arrowverse. We’ve covered that multiple times even though thing keep popping up like maybe it really is. It was designed to be, as the show was created by Salim and Mara Akil for Fox. But when Fox passed on the series, the CW scooped it up. Greg Berlanti was already an executive producer on the series, which gave the show it’s initial connection to the Arrowverse… but we were told that it’s not part of the Arrowverse. Then they had Black Lightning show up in the “Suit Up” video, they had a promo for the show with the cast talking about which Arrowverse character they wanted to crossover with and they named dropped Supergirl and Vixen… But the show is not connected to the Arrowverse. Did anyone tell Stephen Amell?
Cress Williams who plays Jefferson Pierce aka Black Lightning was at Awesome Con this weekend along with Stephen Amell and John Barrowman, both from Arrow. Amell posted this picture to his social media. He included the quote: “The Verse is in good hands with Cress Williams. Here’s a cool shot of us with a fan.”
During a Q&A session, Amell was asked if he thought the shows would cross over. His response is pretty much the same as all of ours:
Everyone pretends like we’re not going to eventually cross over with Black Lightning but we’re probably gonna cross over with Black Lightning because that’s just the way that the world works.
Black Lightning is not part of the Arrowverse… wink wink.
- Agents of SHIELD Season 5, Episode 18 Recap: All Roads Lead… - April 21, 2018
- STARZ Pulls the Plug on Ash vs. Evil Dead After 3 Seasons - April 20, 2018
- Supergirl Season 3: First Official Poster of Mon-El’s New Uniform - April 20, 2018
- The Flash Season 4: Synopsis for ‘Harry and the Harrisons’ - April 20, 2018
- Arrow Season 6: Will the Dragon Go After Oliver’s Family? - April 20, 2018