Well, that’s one way to get a lot of people tuning in. Inside Xbox teased a big announcement for the next episode that will drop on April 10th, which will have a focus on backwards compatibility for the original Xbox. Not a lot of details were handed out as the news serves primarily as a teaser, simply saying “One of our most common requests is for Original Xbox Backward Compatibility news, and we’ll be starting off the show with a big update on just that.” The new episode will air live next Tuesday at 3:30pm PDT.
If we had to venture a guess, we’d say we’re going to find out that about a dozen or so new titles from the original console will be joining the library, but not a massive amount and more than likely they’ll be a mix of popular titles and companies that were willing to work with Microsoft to make the transition happen. Considering they say the news is “big”, it wouldn’t shock us if we learned that the first two Halo games were finally added to the list seeing as how they helped define the Xbox in its early years. Right now only 13 titles are backwards compatible from the original console, so anything that gets added from that era will probably be a big deal.
…Except for Bruce Lee: Quest Of The Dragon, you can just leave that one in the trash.
- Xbox Game Pass to Receive Halo: The Master Chief Collection
- Looking Over the Free Games for Twitch Prime Members in April
- Sailing the Salty Seas: We Review Sea of Thieves
- Level-5's CEO Says All Major Titles Will Now Come Out on Nintendo Switch
- PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds Will Be Testing Smaller Maps Soon
- Amazon Leaks the Next Dungeons & Dragons Book, Revealing a Major Crossover - July 22, 2018
- Marvel Hypes Powers United VR at SDCC as a Jumping Pad for VR - July 22, 2018
- Pokémon GO Players Reporting Failures with Zapdos Day Event - July 22, 2018
- Another Sight Receives a Proper Overview Trailer from the Crew - July 22, 2018
- PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds Removes Offensive Mask from Game - July 22, 2018