AMC’s Into the Badlands is coming back later this month for its third season, and the two biggest addition to the series are new cast members Lorraine Toussaint (Orange Is the New Black) as Cressida and Babou Ceesay (Guerilla) as Pilgrim. In a world that has been completely destabilized by war, these new characters are like religious fanatics being added to the mix.
Pilgrim is a zealot who believes that there is only one path, which could make him a much more formidable adversary for the other returning characters. The fact he has some mysterious powers that he uses to help bring people over to his beliefs means he can shake up everything in the Badlands. Cressida is Pilgrim’s main adviser, seer, and somewhat of a sorceress. She has guided Pilgrim into understanding and controlling his powers. She is a matriarchal figure to Pilgrim.
Along with them on the caravan to the Badlands are two other characters: Ella-Rae Smith (Clique) as Nix and Dean-Charles Chapman (Game of Thrones) as Castor. The are incredible fighters and have a parent/child relationship with Pilgrim.
AMC has released a new featurette focusing on Pilgrim, Cressida, and their followers. We see the cast and creators talking about the new characters, what makes them tick, and how they will affect those around them.
Season 3 of Into the Badlands starts on April 22nd.
- Into the Badlands Season 3: Dragonfly's Last Dance [Spoilers]
- Into the Badlands Season 3: Black Wind Howls [Spoilers]
- Into the Badlands EXCLUSIVE Clip 'Black Wind Howls'
- Into the Badlands Season 3: Carry Tiger to Mountain [Spoilers]
- Into the Badlands EXCLUSIVE Clip 'Carry Tiger to Mountain'
- Into the Badlands Season 3: Blind Cannibal Assassins [Spoilers]
- Into the Badlands EXCLUSIVE Clip "Blind Cannibal Assassins"
- Into the Badlands Season 3: Leopard Snares Rabbit [Spoilers]
- Into the Badlands Season 3 Premiere Recap: Enter the Phoenix [Spoilers]