AMC’s Into the Badlands is coming back later this month for its third season, and the two biggest addition to the series are new cast members Lorraine Toussaint (Orange Is the New Black) as Cressida and Babou Ceesay (Guerilla) as Pilgrim. In a world that has been completely destabilized by war, these new characters are like religious fanatics being added to the mix.
Pilgrim is a zealot who believes that there is only one path, which could make him a much more formidable adversary for the other returning characters. The fact he has some mysterious powers that he uses to help bring people over to his beliefs means he can shake up everything in the Badlands. Cressida is Pilgrim’s main adviser, seer, and somewhat of a sorceress. She has guided Pilgrim into understanding and controlling his powers. She is a matriarchal figure to Pilgrim.
Along with them on the caravan to the Badlands are two other characters: Ella-Rae Smith (Clique) as Nix and Dean-Charles Chapman (Game of Thrones) as Castor. The are incredible fighters and have a parent/child relationship with Pilgrim.
AMC has released a new featurette focusing on Pilgrim, Cressida, and their followers. We see the cast and creators talking about the new characters, what makes them tick, and how they will affect those around them.
Season 3 of Into the Badlands starts on April 22nd.
- Flash Season 4: Season Finale Will Bring Answers to Lingering Questions - April 25, 2018
- Arrow Season 6: A New Clue for the Season Finale - April 25, 2018
- 14 New Photos from Supergirl Season 3, Episode 17, ‘Trinity’ - April 25, 2018
- The Flash Season 4: New Poster and 15 Photos for ‘Therefore She Is’ - April 25, 2018
- Arrow Season 6: Inside the Episode ‘Shifting Allegiances’ - April 25, 2018