The last time we heard anything relevant about Amazon’s new hero-based multiplayer sports game Breakaway, it was to hear that the game was put on hold after alpha testing. Now news is out today that the company is halting production on the game altogether. According to an update on the game’s Reddit page, the team were looking for a breakthrough moment with the content and just couldn’t find one, leading to it being shelved as they now work on new ideas. Sad news for the few who got to try it out and enjoyed it, maybe one day down the road it will be resurrected, but for now, it looks like the whole team will have new projects on their plate.
We wanted to update you on the development of Breakaway.
Since our last announcement, we have worked to implement community feedback and iterate on Breakaway’s core gameplay. While we have developed many ideas and made a lot of progress, we are also setting a very high bar for ourselves. In spite of our efforts, we didn’t achieve the breakthrough that made the game what we all hoped it could be. After a lot of soul searching, the team decided to focus on new ideas. As a result, Breakaway is no longer in active development.
We remain exceptionally proud of the team’s work, and feel privileged to have been a part of such a dedicated and enthusiastic community. We will reach out to this channel as soon as we have news to share regarding our new projects, and if a thunderbolt of inspiration strikes that leads us back to Breakaway, you’ll be the first to know.
The Breakaway Team
- Amazon's 4v4 Brawler Breakaway Is On Hold Following Its Alpha Test
- Literally Being An Armchair Coach In 'Pro Cycling Manager 2017'
- Comic Store In Your Future - Free Comic Book Daze
- Deck The Halls With Dragons & Munchkins Fa La La La La: Advance Review
- DC Comics Solicitations For January 2016 - One for The #PoisonIvyLeague
- Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor – Martyr Pushed to June - April 19, 2018
- Microsoft Apparently Hiring for Next Xbox Console Design - April 19, 2018
- Is SNK Teasing a Mini Neo Geo Console for Their 40th Anniversary? - April 19, 2018
- TinyBuild Games Shows Off the Graveyard Keeper Reveal Trailer - April 19, 2018
- Michelle Rodriguez and Kristine Leahy Will Guest Star on H1Z1 Pro League - April 19, 2018