In a move not exactly in keeping with the season, Easter Monday will see longstanding comic book writer Gerard Jones plead guilty on charges of possession and distribution of child pornography. Bleeding Cool ran details of the case, prosecution and defence statements over incarceration as well as letters in support of Jones from the comic book community. It is likely that other media will pick up on this story this week.
But there were others stories to read as well on Bleeding Cool this week. If you haven’t signed up for the Lying in the Gutters weekly email, you can do so here.
Top 20 Traffic of the Week
- Now DC Comics Design Swamp Thing to Look Like Alan Moore
- Gotham Has Jumped the Shark and Swung Back Around for a Selfie
- Brian Michael Bendis Leaves Marvel Comics a Very Special Present From Doctor Doom (Final Page Spoilers for Invincible Iron Man #598)
- Veteran Comics Creator William Messner-Loebs, Now Homeless
- Legends of Tomorrow Season 3: Could Mallus Really Be (Spoiler)?
- The Best MCU Viewing Order to Get Ready for Avengers: Infinity War
- Don’t Make Geoff Johns Angry; You Wouldn’t Like It When He’s Angry
- Fantastic Four Returns this Summer from Dan Slott and Sara Pichelli
- How Dark Knights: Metal #6 Reshaped the DC Universe (SPOILERS)
- At This Very Moment, Mighty Morphin Power Rangers Fans Are Crying at #WonderCon, and It’s All Boom’s Fault
- The Future Of Jessica Jones at Marvel Comics
- Arrowverse, Lucifer, and SHIELD: How Likely Are They to Be Renewed?
- This Changes Everything ‘ – One Fan Reacts to the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers #25 WonderCon 2018 Panel
- Looks Like Brian Bendis is Leaving Behind a New Version of S.H.I.E.L.D. Before He Goes…
- 5 New Posters for Avengers: Infinity War
- Amazon Fishing: More Marvel Big Books and Omnibuses for 2018
- A History of Why Marvel Comics Didn’t Publish the Fantastic Four for 3 Years
- DC Comics Asks ‘Who Shot Wonder Woman?’ and Promises the Answer Will Shock You
- Mark Badger, James Hudnall, and Mike Barr Write Letters of Support as Gerard Jones Changes Plea to Guilty on Child Pornography Charges
- Let’s Talk About America’s Next Top Model Cycle 24 Episode 12
And 10 You May Prefer
- After 20 Years, Marvel to Publish Warren Ellis’s 2 Issues of Satana
- Dark Horse Comics Issues Warning Over Frank Miller Nudity in Xerxes
- Okay… How About an Uncanny X-Men #1 for September as Well?
- Speculator Corner: Amazing Spider-Man #798 a $9 Comic Already
- IDW to End Their Transformers Comics Universe with Unicron This Summer #WonderCon 2018
- DC Comics Variant Covers Programme to End? Rumour Out of #WonderCon 2018
- Assistant X-Men Editor Christina Harrington’s Last Day at Marvel Comics
- Luke Cage Returning Along With Jessica Jones? Marvel Comics has a Classified Secret on Amazon
- DC Comics Launches Titans and New Titans to Replace Teen Titans at #WonderCon 2018
- 24 DC Comics Covers from April to May from Rafael Grampá, JG Jones, Bill Sienkiewicz, Bryan Hitch and More
- The Aftermath of Universal FanCon’s “Postponement” - April 21, 2018
- Selling in a Showrooming World at Diamond Retailer Summit 2018 (VIDEO) - April 21, 2018
- ComiXology Bestseller List, 21st April 2018 – When My Little Pony Beats Up Weapon H - April 21, 2018
- How Much Are Those Retailer Exclusive Action Comics #1000 Covers Selling For? - April 21, 2018
- Main Street Marketing on a Shoestring Budget at Diamond Summit 2018 (VIDEO) - April 21, 2018