Fortnite’s Community Manager K.L. Smith posted the above photo which shows the new loading screen for Fortnite mobile. Some players may have already noticed the change to the game’s loading screen, which warns players not to game in class. After all, Fortnite has made headlines due to students playing Fortnite instead of paying attention in school.
Specifically, the load screen now reads “Mr. Hillman says stop playing in class.” While the sentiment is something we can appreciate, the delivery doesn’t seem like the thing that will speak to kids straight off the bat.
However, the story is a bit deeper than that. As IGN reports:
In fact, the Mr. Hillman mentioned in the loading screen is actually a reference to a teacher who posted the following message, which has since been deleted, on the Fortnite Reddit (via Polygon): “First, I love your game. My friends from college and I play pretty much every night. One problem, since mobile came out my students won’t stop playing in class. Idk if it’s possible, but I told them I’d write you and they didn’t believe me. Could you add this to the loading screen for a couple of days to mess with them? ‘Mr. Hillman says stop playing in class.'”
Well played, Mr. Hillman, well played.
- Fortnite's Latest Update Adds Vending Machines for Convenience
- Epic Games Knows About the Fortnite Shotgun Damage Bug and is Addressing It
- Why Post Malone Streaming Blackout Won’t Increase Call of Duty’s Popularity - October 19, 2018
- Marvel Battle Lines Will Not Include the Liefeld Captain America Cover - October 19, 2018
- Final Fantasy XIV Gets Spooky with the All Saint’s Wake Event - October 18, 2018
- Here is Everything You Need to Know About Battletech: Flashpoint - October 18, 2018
- Dauntless Reveals its New Riftstalker Behemoth and Dark Harvest Event - October 18, 2018