Some cool news dropping this week via Aniplex of America as the company announced that two of their upcoming anime series will receive simulcasts as they debut. The two shows in question being Persona 5: The Animation and Sword Art Online Alternative Gun Gale Online. Both shows will be making their debut on April 7th, but those of you who have subscriptions to Crunchyroll and Hulu in the United States will be excited to know that you’ll be getting both shows the same day as Japan on those platforms. On top of that, Crunchyroll announced that both programs will be presented on their platform in specific regions including North America, United Kingdom, Central America, Ireland, South America, Australia, and New Zealand.
This is some pretty big steps for not just the shows but for anime broadcasting in general, as the pattern usually goes that whatever country of origin a show is produced in gets first dibs on broadcasting and then everyone else has to wait weeks, even months to see the episode after. To see both of those programs get what is essentially a global release across two of the biggest streaming services in the world is a big deal. We look forward to watching it ourselves with the subtitles on.
- Persona 5 R Will Be Coming to PS4 in 2019, More Info Coming in March
- Atlus Releases a New Trailer for Persona Q2 with a Release Date
- The Persona 3 and Persona 5 Dancing Games Are Headed West
- Sega Wants Your Opinion on Persona Dancing Costumes
- This Year's GDC Awards Were Pointless Because of Breath of the Wild
- Granblue Fantasy Will Have a Persona 5 Event in June
- Atlus Launches New Trailers for Persona 3 Dancing Moon Night and Persona 5 Dancing Star Night
- Both The Persona Dancing Games Will Have PSVR Support
- Aniplex Releases The First Trailer For The Persona 5 Anime