An interesting choice has been vocalized by Akihiro Hino, the CEO of Level-5 this week, as he informally announced that the company will be focusing efforts to only release their top major titles exclusively on the Nintendo Switch. In an interview with Japanese pop-culture website Nikkei Trendy, Hino said “Basically, in the future our main titles will all be released on Nintendo Switch. The idea is that what we have created for 3DS will move over to Switch.” In essence, everything the company produces that would be considered an AAA title for them will now become an exclusive for Nintendo’s primary console.
It’s kind of an interesting step for the company and, to be blunt, one that Nintendo kind of needs right now. While Nintendo themselves produce their own content that is system-exclusive, there aren’t a lot of third-party developers and production companies doing the same thing for Nintendo that others have done for the Xbox One or PlayStation 4. And while Nintendo may have a ton of indie games coming their way, the majority of that library was already released on other systems before the Switch came to be. If Nintendo and Level-5 are cool working on exclusive titles, that’s just a feather in each other’s cap.
- Yo-Kai Watch 4 is Coming to the Nintendo Switch
- Inside Xbox Teases News For Original Xbox Backwards Compatibility
- Level-5 is Planning a Modern-Day RPG as Next Title
- Layton Mystery Detective Agency Gets a Second Trailer with Mysteries
- Go Behind the Scenes of Ni No Kuni II to Talk Graphics, Lighting, and Roland
- Ni No Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom Shows Off 15 Minutes of Gameplay in New Trailer
- Professor Layton’s Daughter To Get An Anime In 2018
- Nintendo Switch to get Mercenaries Wings: The False Phoenix - October 22, 2018
- Blizzard is Giving Away Diablo III Switch Bundles in a Treasure Hunt - October 22, 2018
- The Enclave Faction Returns in Fallout 76 - October 22, 2018
- Jade Raymond, Founder of EA Motive, Has Left the Company - October 22, 2018
- Intellivision Releases a New Trailer for the Amico Console - October 22, 2018