Mattel has revealed more WWE Elite figures. Their annual wave of SummerSlam Elites will be out again this year, along with a second wave of the Target exclusive Hall of Champions Elites, and three new Amazon exclusive Best of the Attitude Era Elites. Basically- all of us WWE figure collectors have a lot of shopping to do. Let’s dig in.
First we have the four figure wave of SummerSlam Elites. We get updated versions of Seth Rollins and Dean Ambrose from last years SummerSlam when they won the RAW Tag Team Titles, which they come with. From the pictures this may be the best Dean Ambrose we have ever gotten. We also get an Edge, and a Matt Hardy Version 1 figure. Man, Matt really has reinvented himself so much over the years hasn’t he? Such a great mind for the business. Anyway, he comes with extra hands and a cloth Version 1 shirt. If a cloth shirt is included, I am buying it.
The second wave of Target Hall of Champions Elites looks to build off a superb first wave. A long-needed Ron Simmons, a much-needed re-release of Elite Series 12 Kane, and the first Eiltes for Tomasso Ciampa and Johnny Gargano in happier times as DIY make up the wave. these all come with titles as well (hence the name of Hall of Champions) with Simmons coming with the WCW World Heavyweight Championship, Kane ( I am guessing) will come with the WWE Championship, and DIY will come with the NXT tag Team Titles.
Probably the most popular figures here will be the Attitude Era figure, exclusive to Amazon. The Rock will come with one of his ridiculous shirts from back then, Chris Jericho comes with a mic and a Raw is Jericho shirt (this is my favorite Jericho figure of all-time and I don’t even have it yet), and “Stone Cold” Steve Austin has a cloth SCU University shirt and the purple winged Eagle WWE Championship belt.
The SummerSlam figures can be preordered here now. The Hall of Champions figures should hit targets anytime in April/May, and the Amazon figures are up for preorder now for a June release.
- [#SXSW 2018] Cloak and Dagger Red Carpet Interview: Stars Olivia Holt and Aubrey Joseph's Infectious Chemistry
- Haslab's Star Wars Vintage Collection Jabba's Sail Barge Reaches Funding Goal
- [SPOILERS] Let's Talk About Ready Player One: Spielberg Goes Guns-to-Radios Again
- Amazon: Marvel Omnibuses for Warren Ellis's Hellstorm, The MCU, Dracula, X-Men Wedding, and More
- Marvel Launches 'Into the Spider-Verse' Line Alongside Animated Movie
- Fanboy Rampage: Uwe Boll Launches Legal and Barf Attack on Dwayne Johnson's 'Rampage'
- Pacific Rim's Rinko Kikuchi Looks to Create the Apocalypse in Westworld Season 2
- Avengers: Infinity War Gets a Chinese Release Date Plus a New Poster
- In the Book: Ready Player One Key Quests and Gates Were Way Harder
- Check Out 65 Pics From the Kotobukiya Booth at SDCC - July 22, 2018
- Kid Robot Has Rick and Morty, Spongebob, Bob’s Burgers, and More at SDCC - July 22, 2018
- Masters of the Universe Mondo Figures Look Like Must-Owns - July 22, 2018
- Super7’s Boodega is a Universal Monsters Fan’s Dream - July 22, 2018
- The Purge TV Show Will Explore the Concept Deeper Than the Film Series - July 22, 2018