If there was a place for Marvel to debut the first episode of the their new Freeform show Cloak and Dagger, then South by Southwest (SXSW) was probably not it. While the film festival is getting much more mainstream, it’s still not the place you think this kind of TV is going to show up. However, between Krypton and the Cloak and Dagger panel, things are changing. Bleeding Cool was invited to the red carpet for the premiere and got the chance to talk to stars Olivia Holt and Aubrey Joseph. The two young actors have clearly bonded, and their chemistry is infectious. It turns out that connection was there from the beginning, according to Holt:
I think from the beginning we’ve had a really awesome connection, I think even just being in the audition room, after leaving and having that chemistry read… There was just a magical moment, and I try not to use “magical” lightly, because it really was, it was magic. What we did in that room and I think you know what we brought to set every single day was something that I think I’ll hold deeply in my heart and I know Aubrey will too.
Joseph went on to say that he considers this show “a blessing” and that everyone was aware that a show like this could be transformative.
This show is very important. It has the chance to impact so many young people. So we knew that — every day we knew that. We’re coming to work to make history. So the fact that we got to have those silly moments and just be ourselves made it easy for me especially, this being my first lead role.
Check out the full interview with Holt and Joseph below.
Summary: Two teenagers from very different backgrounds find themselves burdened and awakened to newly acquired superpowers while falling in love.
Cloak & Dagger, created by Joe Pokaski, stars J.D. Evermore, Olivia Holt, Aubrey Joseph, Gloria Reuben, Andrea Roth, and Miles Mussenden. It will debut on Freeform on June 7th.
- Marvel's Cloak and Dagger Season 1: Is Tyrone Trying to Kill Tandy?
- New WWE Mattel Elite Hall of Champions, SummerSlam, and Attitude Era Figures on the Way
- The Nutcracker and the Four Realms: 5 TV Spots and 2 Featurettes - October 16, 2018
- Lionsgate Releases the Final Poster for Robin Hood - October 16, 2018
- New Featurette for Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald Teases Why Everyone is in Paris - October 16, 2018
- How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World – Producer Brad Lewis Talks Wrapping the Trilogy at NYCC - October 14, 2018
- How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World – Jay Baruchel Talks Letting Hiccup Go at NYCC - October 14, 2018