There are quite a few things about Cloak and Dagger that make it an exciting project, but one of the most striking is the fact that they got Gina Prince-Bythewood to direct the first two episodes. Prince-Bythewood is a real talent who’s jumping into not only the Marvel Cinematic Universe but also the Sony side of Marvel with Silver and Black. Prince-Bythewood spoke to Bleeding Cool on the red carpet for the Cloak and Dagger premiere at South by Southwest (SXSW) 2018, and we asked her what drew her to this project.
I’ve been looking to get into the sandbox; I love Marvel. I love the characters that they have. I got a call about Cloak and Dagger — it was interesting, I wasn’t as familiar with these characters. I talked to my sons who are comic book heads, and they were like “of course,” and explained who they were, and as soon as I heard I said, “I gotta do this.” I read the script that Joe wrote, and I was in.
Watch the full interview with Prince-Bythewood below, including a few words about Silver and Black.
Summary: Two teenagers from very different backgrounds find themselves burdened and awakened to newly acquired superpowers while falling in love.
Cloak and Dagger, created by Joe Pokaski, stars J.D. Evermore, Olivia Holt, Aubrey Joseph, Gloria Reuben, Andrea Roth, and Miles Mussenden. It will debut on Freeform on June 7th.
- Joe Russo Gave Tom Holland a Fake Avengers: Infinity War Script - April 19, 2018
- Colin Trevorrow Says Jurassic World 3 Will Be a “Science Thriller” like Jurassic Park - April 18, 2018
- Brad Bird Explains Why There Is No Time Jump in Incredibles 2 - April 18, 2018
- Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom – The New Direction While Remaining True to the Universe - April 18, 2018
- Avengers: Infinity War – Shuri is More “Tech-Savvy” Than Iron Man - April 18, 2018