There are quite a few things about Cloak and Dagger that make it an exciting project, but one of the most striking is the fact that they got Gina Prince-Bythewood to direct the first two episodes. Prince-Bythewood is a real talent who’s jumping into not only the Marvel Cinematic Universe but also the Sony side of Marvel with Silver and Black. Prince-Bythewood spoke to Bleeding Cool on the red carpet for the Cloak and Dagger premiere at South by Southwest (SXSW) 2018, and we asked her what drew her to this project.
I’ve been looking to get into the sandbox; I love Marvel. I love the characters that they have. I got a call about Cloak and Dagger — it was interesting, I wasn’t as familiar with these characters. I talked to my sons who are comic book heads, and they were like “of course,” and explained who they were, and as soon as I heard I said, “I gotta do this.” I read the script that Joe wrote, and I was in.
Watch the full interview with Prince-Bythewood below, including a few words about Silver and Black.
Summary: Two teenagers from very different backgrounds find themselves burdened and awakened to newly acquired superpowers while falling in love.
Cloak and Dagger, created by Joe Pokaski, stars J.D. Evermore, Olivia Holt, Aubrey Joseph, Gloria Reuben, Andrea Roth, and Miles Mussenden. It will debut on Freeform on June 7th.
- San Diego Comic-Con Iron Fist Season 2 Panel Live-Blog - July 19, 2018
- First Teaser Trailer for Series 11 of Doctor Who Debuts at SDCC [VIDEO] - July 19, 2018
- At SDCC, Working Geek Moms Still Gotta Bring Home a Gift - July 19, 2018
- New Line Cinema Announces a 3rd Movie in the Annabelle Series at Scarediego - July 19, 2018
- First Look at Iron Fist Season 2 Confirmed for Tomorrow at SDCC - July 18, 2018