Looks like America gets to spend a little more time crashing on The Conners’ couch. ABC officially announced what many believed was a foregone conclusion: the network’s revival of family sitcom Roseanne has been renewed for a second season, making it the show’s 11th season overall. The Roseanne Barr-starring and Donald Trump-adored sitcom shattered ratings expectations with its premiere episode on Tuesday, though Deadline Hollywood reported earlier that ABC had been planning for a second season ahead of the revival’s debut. Deals for the returning cast members were locked in ahead of the premiere.
“We’re thrilled that America has welcomed the Conner family back into their homes. The show is as fresh and relevant today as it was when it left the air 21 years ago. We can’t wait to see what the ‘Roseanne’ team has in store for next year.” – Channing Dungey, President, ABC Entertainment
Just how huge were Roseanne‘s ratings? Consider this: after only one day of Nielsen’s delayed viewing counted, the show saw its original 18M+ total viewer count grow by another approximately +3.4 million viewers – to a staggering readjusted total view count of 21.869 million viewers. When you dig a little deeper into the numbers, the numbers are even more impressive: after the first day of playback, Roseanne‘s rating with Adults 18-49 grew to a 6.24 rating, which is an increase of more than 1.0 rating point; and an over 20% increase to its Live + Same Day numbers among Adults 18-49.
And that, folks, is how you get renewed.
Roseanne stars Barr as Roseanne Conner, John Goodman as Dan Conner, Laurie Metcalf as Jackie Harris, Lecy Goranson as Becky Conner-Healy, Sara Gilbert as Darlene Conner, Michael Fishman as D.J. Conner, Emma Kenney as Harris Conner-Healy, Ames McNamara as Mark Conner-Healy and Jayden Rey as Mary Conner.
Roseanne is produced by Carsey-Werner Television, with Barr serving as executive producer alongside Gilbert, Tom Werner, Bruce Helford, Whitney Cummings and Tony Hernandez.
- 'The Conners' Ordered by ABC, No Roseanne Barr Involvement
- Is the Media Getting Suckered into Making Roseanne a Serious Post-Trump Presidential Candidate?
- Heathers Season 1: Your Guide to Paramount Network’s 5-Night “Binge Event” - October 19, 2018
- Kidding Season 1, Episode 7 ‘Kintsugi’: “Mr. Pickles-san” Pays a Visit (PREVIEW) - October 19, 2018
- Charmed s01e02 ‘Let This Mother Out’: Can The Vera Sisters Trust Harry Greenwood? (PREVIEW) - October 19, 2018
- It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia Season 13, Episode 7: ‘The Gang Does a Clip Show’ as Only They Can (REVIEW) - October 19, 2018
- The Walking Dead Season 9, Episode 3 ‘Warning Signs’: Saviors Want Answers from “The Widow” (PREVIEW) - October 19, 2018