The Chinese box office has become an essential tool in a movies box office performance. There are several movies that wouldn’t have sequels, the most recent being Pacific Rim Uprising, were it not for the Chinese box office. Marvel movies tend to do well there too but what is a little surprising is the release date for the upcoming Avengers: Infinity War. The movie is set to open May 11th a full two weeks after its North American debut. According to The Hollywood Reporter this is because the 27th falls over Chinese Labor Day weekend.
In recent years, Disney has been able to secure day-and-date releases for many of its biggest tentpoles in China. But it appears Beijing regulators were unwilling to budge on their usual blackout policy, which allows only locally made Chinese films to open over important national holidays. This year, Chinese Labor Day falls on Monday April 30 and Tuesday May 1, creating a long weekend.
We also got a shinny new poster to go along with the announcement.
While the poster isn’t quite as good as the one we got from Marvel Japan site it’s still nicer looking than the domestic poster with the entire cast on it.
Summary: As the Avengers and their allies have continued to protect the world from threats too large for any one hero to handle, a new danger has emerged from the cosmic shadows: Thanos. A despot of intergalactic infamy, his goal is to collect all six Infinity Stones, artifacts of unimaginable power, and use them to inflict his twisted will on all of reality. Everything the Avengers have fought for has led up to this moment – the fate of Earth and existence itself has never been more uncertain.
Avengers: Infinity War, directed by Anthony and Joe Russo, stars Robert Downey Jr., Josh Brolin, Mark Ruffalo, Tom Hiddleston, Chris Evans, Chris Hemsworth, Jeremy Renner, Chris Pratt, Elizabeth Olsen, Sebastian Stan, Benedict Cumberbatch, Paul Bettany, Chadwick Boseman, Benedict Wong, Zoe Saldana, Karen Gillan, Vin Diesel, Dave Bautista, Pom Klementieff, Scarlett Johansson, Don Cheadle, Tom Holland, Bradley Cooper, Sean Gunn, and Anthony Mackie. It will be released on April 27th.
- New WWE Mattel Elite Hall of Champions, SummerSlam, and Attitude Era Figures on the Way
- Crate Creatures Leap into Your Collections from MGA Entertainment
- Haslab's Star Wars Vintage Collection Jabba's Sail Barge Reaches Funding Goal
- Joe Russo Gave Tom Holland a Fake Avengers: Infinity War Script - April 19, 2018
- Colin Trevorrow Says Jurassic World 3 Will Be a “Science Thriller” like Jurassic Park - April 18, 2018
- Brad Bird Explains Why There Is No Time Jump in Incredibles 2 - April 18, 2018
- Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom – The New Direction While Remaining True to the Universe - April 18, 2018
- Avengers: Infinity War – Shuri is More “Tech-Savvy” Than Iron Man - April 18, 2018