The Chinese box office has become an essential tool in a movies box office performance. There are several movies that wouldn’t have sequels, the most recent being Pacific Rim Uprising, were it not for the Chinese box office. Marvel movies tend to do well there too but what is a little surprising is the release date for the upcoming Avengers: Infinity War. The movie is set to open May 11th a full two weeks after its North American debut. According to The Hollywood Reporter this is because the 27th falls over Chinese Labor Day weekend.
In recent years, Disney has been able to secure day-and-date releases for many of its biggest tentpoles in China. But it appears Beijing regulators were unwilling to budge on their usual blackout policy, which allows only locally made Chinese films to open over important national holidays. This year, Chinese Labor Day falls on Monday April 30 and Tuesday May 1, creating a long weekend.
We also got a shinny new poster to go along with the announcement.
While the poster isn’t quite as good as the one we got from Marvel Japan site it’s still nicer looking than the domestic poster with the entire cast on it.
Summary: As the Avengers and their allies have continued to protect the world from threats too large for any one hero to handle, a new danger has emerged from the cosmic shadows: Thanos. A despot of intergalactic infamy, his goal is to collect all six Infinity Stones, artifacts of unimaginable power, and use them to inflict his twisted will on all of reality. Everything the Avengers have fought for has led up to this moment – the fate of Earth and existence itself has never been more uncertain.
Avengers: Infinity War, directed by Anthony and Joe Russo, stars Robert Downey Jr., Josh Brolin, Mark Ruffalo, Tom Hiddleston, Chris Evans, Chris Hemsworth, Jeremy Renner, Chris Pratt, Elizabeth Olsen, Sebastian Stan, Benedict Cumberbatch, Paul Bettany, Chadwick Boseman, Benedict Wong, Zoe Saldana, Karen Gillan, Vin Diesel, Dave Bautista, Pom Klementieff, Scarlett Johansson, Don Cheadle, Tom Holland, Bradley Cooper, Sean Gunn, and Anthony Mackie. It will be released on April 27th.
- New WWE Mattel Elite Hall of Champions, SummerSlam, and Attitude Era Figures on the Way
- Crate Creatures Leap into Your Collections from MGA Entertainment
- Haslab's Star Wars Vintage Collection Jabba's Sail Barge Reaches Funding Goal
- At Scarediego New Line Cinema Announces a 3rd Movie in the Annabelle Series - July 19, 2018
- First Look at Iron Fist Season 2 Confirmed for Tomorrow at SDCC - July 18, 2018
- 190+ Shots of San Diego Comic-Con’s Show Floor from Preview Night - July 18, 2018
- Godzilla: King of the Monsters – Teaser Video, Logo, and a New Banner - July 18, 2018
- The Joaquin Phoenix Joker Movie Gets a 2019 Release Date - July 18, 2018