With less than a month to go before it’s April 22 second season premiere, HBO has released the first full official trailer for Westworld‘s sophomore season. And as we can see from the preview below, Delos Destinations Inc. looks to have its hidden “sin” exposed by the hosts – by any means necessary:
In the spirit of the series, HBO teased the release of the new Westworld trailer in a very unique way: total television takeover. Regularly scheduled programming on the HBO and Cinemax channels was “unexpectedly” interrupted Wednesday night at 8 p.m. ET with a 15-second teaser, making it appear as if the hosts had taken over the cable giant to announce that the new trailer would drop on Thursday, March 29, at 11 a.m. ET:
The teaser trailer builds upon a growing theme that’s been running through the series from the very beginning: that James Delos’ (Peter Mullan) intentions for the park run far deeper and far darker than just utilizing it for “public amusement.” In an interview with Esquire earlier this month, series co-creator Jonathan Nolan stressed that Delos’ “bigger picture plan” will be a running theme through the second season:
“We’ve left some questions on the table for the second season in terms of what Delos’ actual agenda with the park. We know from Tessa Thompson’s character, Charlotte Hale, that the theme park aspect of it is not the central moneymaker for them. Which, for us, mapped onto the slightly cynical moment we have in this age in which most of the services we avail ourselves online are free because the companies that are providing them are monetizing what we’re doing in other ways that are less transparent.”
HBO will be hosting Westworld‘s second season New York City premiere at the 2018 Tribeca Film Festival on Thursday, April 19, at 8:30 p.m. After the screening, there will be a panel discussion with co-creators, showrunners, and directors Nolan and Lisa Joy; and cast-members Evan Rachel Wood, Thandie Newton, Jeffrey Wright and James Marsden.
- How Westworld's 'Akane No Mai' Evades Cultural Appropriation
- Boots Riley Blesses Us with 'Sorry to Bother You' Red Band Trailer
- Anthony Hopkins Wanted [Spoiler] In Westworld Because He Loved That One Show
- Let's Talk About Westworld Season 2 Episode 2, "Reunion"
- Let's Talk About Westworld Season 2 Premiere, "Journey Into Night"
- Better Call Saul Season 4 ‘Coushatta’: Nacho Looks to Expand His Power (PREVIEW) - September 22, 2018
- Kidding Season 1 ‘Every Pain Needs a Name’: Just Say “Presto!” to Drugs (PREVIEW) - September 22, 2018
- Fear the Walking Dead Season 4: A Preview of ‘I Lose Myself,’ A Look Back at ‘MM 54’ - September 22, 2018
- ‘The Joker’ Test Footage Reveals Joaquin Phoenix’s Disturbingly Simple Clown Prince of Crime - September 21, 2018
- REVIEW: It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia s13e03 ‘The Gang Beats Boggs: Ladies Reboot’ - September 21, 2018