We kinda knew this was coming, but today Blizzard confirmed the news that the company will be launching Overwatch‘s second Uprising event, kicking off on April 10th. The news sort of came down today with a brand new tweet letting fans know that an event taking place seven years ago at King’s Row will be declassified.
Initiating archive declassification…
Mission files unlock: April 10.
RETWEET to confirm. pic.twitter.com/cTevQ8M5CE
— Overwatch (@PlayOverwatch) March 29, 2018
Now whether or not we’ll be playing the exact same mission or a variation of that mission is unknown since it will all still be taking place on King’s Row. Our best guess is that this will be totally new as what info we gathered is that this will be a “pivotal moment” in the team’s history, but that there will be options to play the first one and snag the special achievement for it that people may have missed last time. We can also confirm that over 100 loot box items will be unlocked for the event, most likely a mix of previous and new items.
If we had to venture a guess ourselves in total speculation, we’d say we’re probably going to see something involving the beginning of the end for Overwatch. The mission is slated for seven years ago, which would still put it in the timeline of Overwatch being active before their Swiss base was destroyed. Hopefully we’ll learn more in the days to come.
- Overwatch's Uprising Event Will Delve into the Archives
- Blizzard Posts a New Trailer for Overwatch's Uprising Event
- Where Do I Put All This Steam? We Review WD’s My Passport Ultra - April 20, 2018
- The Legend Of Bum-Bo is Getting a Proper Release in 2018 - April 20, 2018
- PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds Next Map is Getting a Cave Network - April 20, 2018
- More Call Of Duty: Black Ops 4 Rumors Say Game Will Be Like Overwatch - April 20, 2018
- Xbox Insiders Getting a Preview of the May Update Now - April 20, 2018