Unlike that total diva Birdie Joe Danielson, daughter of Brie Bella and Daniel Bryan, the newly born daughter of The Miz and Maryse was born ahead of schedule, leaving The Miz plenty of room on his schedule for his match at WrestleMania in two weeks. The couple announced the birth of Monroe Sky Mizanin on Wednesday, after giving birth at exactly 11:40PM on March 27, the previous night.
Maryse’s pregnancy has been a storyline both on Monday Night Raw and last season of Total Divas. In addition to taking Maryse off TV, a due date so close to WrestleMania raised questions of whether The Miz would need to choose between being present for his daughter’s birth and defending his Intercontinental Championship on the Grandest Stage of Them All. Thankfully, Monroe Sky, like her father, is a company girl, born nearly two weeks before WrestleMania, even allowing Miz to work on Monday’s episode of Raw.
Monroe Sky’s cooperativeness contrasts with Birdie Joe Danielson, who kept pushing her birth date back, keeping Bryan off Smackdown for weeks, and even forcing Brie to have a c-section. Of course, many industry insiders are wondering if the whole thing is a work, setting up the girls as future rivals who can compete for the Women’s Championship at WrestleMania 55. When in doubt, in the pro wrestling business, always assume it’s a work.
Congratulations to The Miz and Maryse!
- Power Rangers: Shattered Grid Gets Holofoil Variant by Trevor Hairsine - July 16, 2018
- Bobby Lashley Steals Roman Reigns’s “Big Dog” Nickname After Extreme Rules Win - July 16, 2018
- Black Mask to Publish Mr. Robot Prequel Comic by Creator Sam Esmail - July 16, 2018
- Countdown to Danger: Netflix’s Lost in Space Gets a Comic Book Spinoff by Richard Dinnick, Brian Buccellato, and Zid - July 16, 2018
- Power Rangers: Shattered Grid Collected in 4 Volumes, with 2 Chances to Double Dip - July 16, 2018