Much was speculated about FX’s decision to drop the Deadpool animated series developed with Donald Glover, including the theory that Glover’s busy schedule contributed to the decision not to move forward with the cartoon. However, Glover took to Twitter to dispel that particular rumor, and to prove it, he wrote a Deadpool script mocking the series’ cancellation, which may be the most Deadpool thing he could have possibly done in the situation.
“For the record,” Glover wrote in a now-deleted tweet. I wasnt too busy to work on Deadpool.”
The following script, titled “finale, is now the only thing currently posted on Glover’s twitter account, with all other tweets deleted except for one pinned tweet from February advertising his Pharos show in New Zealand:
Glovers tweets made headlines on the New York Times and CNN, amongst other mainstream media outlets, indicating there might just be a market for this thing after all. Hopefully, Marvel is paying attention.
UPDATE: The tweets have since been deleted, but you can read the script pages below:
- Would Thor Make a Good Loki? A Preview of What If? Thor #1 - October 19, 2018
- Improbable Previews: An HR Violation for the Mutant Liberation Front in Uncanny X-Men #1 - October 19, 2018
- Does Logan Make a Promise He Can’t Keep in Return of Wolverine #2? (Preview) - October 19, 2018
- Skottie Young Plays the High-Stakes Game of Footsie with Uncanny X-Men #1 Variant - October 19, 2018
- Adventure Time Lives On Comic Form in First Look at Season 11 #2 - October 18, 2018