Edge of Tomorrow was one of those movies that got lost in the crazy summer season of 2014. It’s a shame too because it was a lot better than anyone thought it would be. We got to see Tom Cruise get killed in a bunch of different ways and Emily Blunt looking like she could break us in half and rocking the nickname “fullmetal bitch”. It didn’t do that great at the box office but it did well enough that we are getting a sequel. It’s been four years though so where is it? According to Blunt, in an interview with Indie Wire, Cruise asked her if she could film two months before Mary Poppins Returns started.
“It’s a lot for all the stars to align for everyone to be free at the same time and available to do it at the same time,” she said. “They asked me to do [it] two months before I started ‘Mary Poppins.’ Tom was like, ‘Can you go this autumn?’ and I was like, ‘No, I can’t go, I’m playing Mary Poppins for like a year, dude! I can’t do ‘Edge of Tomorrow.’”
Blunt has always been very excited about the role and she said that while she knows there is a script out there there might be a second one in the works too.
“Doug Liman has got an awesome idea and he’s excited and they just need to write it,” she said. “There has been a script, but now I gather there’s another one in the works.”
We’re all hoping for the stars to align and we get another entry in this awesome little series.
Summary: In Disney’s “Mary Poppins Returns,” an all new sequel with a fresh sensibility that celebrates the spirit of the original, Mary Poppins is back to help the next generation of the Banks family find the joy and wonder missing in their lives. Emily Blunt stars as the practically perfect nanny with unique magical skills who can turn any task into an unforgettable, fantastic adventure and Lin-Manuel Miranda plays her friend Jack, an optimistic street lamplighter who helps bright light– and life– to the streets of London.
Mary Poppins Returns, directed by Rob Marshall, stars Emily Blunt, Lin-Manuel Miranda, Colin Firth, Meryl Streep, Ben Whishaw, and Julie Walters. It will be released on December 25th.
- Mary Poppins Returns Is Not a Remake but Continuing the Story with a New Cast
- MLB Opening Day Means #CapsOn! Here are 10 Favorites to Support Your Team
- Opening Day is Here! Here Are Our MLB 2018 Predictions!
- Aaron Taylor-Johnson Comments on Quicksilver’s Return for Avengers 4 - October 19, 2018
- Netflix and Marvel Cancel Luke Cage - October 19, 2018
- Daredevil Season 3: 3 New Behind-the-Scenes Photos - October 19, 2018
- Check Out Some Armored Sharks in These New Aquaman Images - October 19, 2018
- Disney’s Jungle Cruise Gets Delayed 9 Months - October 19, 2018