Erica Henderson may have sadly announced her departure as the regular artist of Marvel’s Squirrel Girl, but every dark cloud has a silver lining. Henderson is teaming up with Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur writer Brandon Montclare to create a new series of middle-grade graphic novels called Secret Book Club. Publishers Weekly reported the news, describing the books thusly:
The book stars seventh grader Paige, who finds herself at the center of a mystery: her grandfather, a librarian who created all the superheroes that dominate pop culture, has disappeared. As Paige searches for him with her new friends from her book club, they begin to realize that many of her grandfather’s characters live in their neighborhood.
Penguin Workshop is the publisher of the books, the first of which is set to launch in the Summer of 2020, with a follow-up planned for 2021.
- IDW, Dynamite, and Valiant Comics Come to Nintendo Switch on InkyPen Subscription App - August 21, 2018
- WWE’s Kurt Angle Shocked and Confused Over Concept of Vacation - August 21, 2018
- Here’s How Retailers Can Get Doug Braithwaite’s Glass Variant Cover for Bloodshot Rising Spirit #1 - August 20, 2018
- Secret Origins of Riverdale Werewolves Revealed in Archie Previews for 8/22 - August 20, 2018
- The Empty Man: Comic Adapted for Film Comes Back to Comics - August 20, 2018