Erica Henderson may have sadly announced her departure as the regular artist of Marvel’s Squirrel Girl, but every dark cloud has a silver lining. Henderson is teaming up with Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur writer Brandon Montclare to create a new series of middle-grade graphic novels called Secret Book Club. Publishers Weekly reported the news, describing the books thusly:
The book stars seventh grader Paige, who finds herself at the center of a mystery: her grandfather, a librarian who created all the superheroes that dominate pop culture, has disappeared. As Paige searches for him with her new friends from her book club, they begin to realize that many of her grandfather’s characters live in their neighborhood.
Penguin Workshop is the publisher of the books, the first of which is set to launch in the Summer of 2020, with a follow-up planned for 2021.
- Impact Wrestling Co-Founder Jerry Jarrett Shares His Steamy Jim Cornette/Hillary Clinton Fanfic - May 26, 2018
- The Gentleman: Darkness of the Void – Pandering Horror to the Unrepresented - May 26, 2018
- BOOM! Studios and Natalie Nourigat Want to Teach You How to Break Into Animation - May 25, 2018
- Image Offers Unsold C2E2 Analog #1 Variants Now That It’s Being Adapted for Film - May 25, 2018
- Walking Dead Collectible Sparks Racism Controversy at North Carolina Credit Union - May 25, 2018