Square Enix briefly announced today that the company has opened a brand new development studio dedicated to creating new major video game titles called Luminous Productions. The company didn’t really give a lot of details in their press release this morning, in fact, here’s the bulk of what it had to say.
Luminous Productions was established with the purpose of developing new AAA titles and bringing innovative game and other entertainment content to a global audience. Staffed with members of the creative team behind “FINAL FANTASY XV” developed within another Square Enix Group studio, Square Enix Co., Ltd., Luminous Productions further builds on Square Enix Group’s vision to create new intellectual properties alongside our existing studios.
Knowing that the FFXV team are the minds behind the company is pretty cool, and it assures that a team that already works well together will be taking charge of creating new titles. Of course, the company gave absolutely no indication as to when the company would officially start (if it hasn’t already) and if they’re currently working on anything new or just getting their bearings for now. But I’m willing to bet when we do hear about a new game from the company, it’s going to be spectacular.
- NieR: Automata Fans are Planning a One Year Anniversary Event
- Realtech VR Cancels the Tomb Raider Remasters for PC
- Twitch and Square Enix Come Together for a Final Fantasy XV Kooky Bundle
- Final Fantasy XV: Royal Edition Review: Still Enjoyable and Heartrending
- Square Enix Releases New Screenshots and Art for Octopath Traveler