Diamond Comic Distributor founder, President, CEO, and sole owner Steve Geppi will give the Keynote Speech during Diamond’s 2018 Retailer Summit, on April 6th at the McCormick Convention Center in Chicago, before C2E2.
“I’m looking forward to delivering this year’s Summit keynote address,” Geppi said. “I want people to be excited about our industry, with so many things ahead of us. Even more, I’m looking forward to talking with our customers and vendors about how we can improve the comic book industry and continue moving forward.”
Geppi started with a single comic book shop in Baltimore in the 1970s, moving into the distribution business when he established Diamond in 1982. Since then, Diamond has become the largest distributor of English-language comic books, servicing thousands of retailers worldwide.
Of late, declining sales, year on year from 2016 to 2017 — and in the months of 2018 so far — have caused much concern, especially with reducing comic book store numbers.
A lot may hang on exactly what Geppi will say — especially the ‘future’ bit.
Attending retailers will also receive plenty of reasons to do so, including the following limited items.
Dark Horse Comics
Black Hammer: Age of Doom #1 variant cover
C2E2 exclusive Xerxes #1 gold foil variant
Action Comics #1 promo t-shirt
Dark Nights: Metal #6 variant cover
Avengers #686 variant cover
GI Joe Real American Hero #250 variant cover
Sonic the Hedgehog #1 variant cover
Isola #1 variant cover
Lucy Dreaming #1 variant cover
Mighty Morphin Power Rangers #25 variant cover
Mae #1 variant cover
Rick and Morty Presents: The Vindicators #1 variant cover
Brothers Dracul #1 variant cover
Valiant Entertainment: Harbinger Wars 2 variant
Diamond Comic Distributors: $300 worth of retail merchandise per store!
Diamond Select Toys: $200 worth of retail merchandise per store!
Marvel’s two orderable Summit Variants
RETAILER SUMMIT 2018 DOMINO #1 LAND VARIANT
- Frank Miller is Coming to MCM London Comic Con – but You’ll Pay $150 to See Him - July 20, 2018
- New Doctor Who Jodie Whittaker Surprises ‘Her Universe’ Fashion Show at SDCC - July 19, 2018
- Amazing Spider-Man #1, Tony Stark: Iron Man #2, and Immortal Hulk #3 Sell Out, Go to Second Printing - July 19, 2018
- Jodie Whittaker’s New Sonic Screwdriver Revealed at San Diego Comic-Con – and Where You Can Buy It - July 19, 2018
- Titans TV Series for DC Universe Will Drop 10 Episodes at Once Like Netflix - July 19, 2018