Probably the weirdest sandwich of mediocre and exciting news for Pokémon GO we’ve had in a while, the game is getting two new additions soon in the form of Research Quests and finally adding the legendary Pokémon, Mew. The first, which we have more details below about from Niantic, will have you running errands for Professor Willow all across town as you also search out more Pokémon. I mean, it’s the least you can do for sending him all those unwanted versions you collected.
The second, which the company didn’t go into details about, si that the next update will add Mew to the mix. But instead of battling him at a gym or seeking him in the wild, it appears you’ll only be able to have a shot at getting him by doing the Research missions. It’s a nice prize for doing the new feature, but the question remains, how many people will really want to do even more walking around with no specific guidelines of how to catch Mew? We’ll see when the new update is added sometime this week.
There are two different types of research you can contribute to: Field Research and Special Research. Gather Field Research tasks by spinning nearby PokéStops, which will give you objectives that include discovering and catching certain Pokémon or engaging with battles, among other things. Special Research may be requested by Professor Willow himself, and will take you on a journey to make important discoveries!
Both types of research offer great rewards, including a variety of useful items and even encounters with certain Pokémon! You can complete as many research tasks as you want every day, leading to a full day of adventures. These tasks also have different levels of difficulty, so the more challenging a research task is, the greater the reward waiting for you.
You can earn one Stamp per day by completing at least one Field Research task, and when you obtain seven stamps, you can achieve a Research Breakthrough to receive even greater rewards! You may even have an encounter with a Legendary Pokémon!
Research tasks will provide interesting challenges that will help you get better at discovering, battling, and catching Pokémon! We’re excited to see your contributions to the exciting field of Pokémon research, and we can’t wait to hear about the adventures you have along the way! Let’s get moving!
- Dataminers Find Even More New Shiny Pokémon in Pokémon GO
- Pokémon Sun and Moon Add Entei and Raikou as Free Legendaries
- Niantic Settles Pokémon GO Fest Lawsuit for $1.5 Million
- Pokémon GO Devs Would Like To Add In-Game Chat and Other Features
- Washington Man Commits Assault with a Tire Iron Over Pokémon Go Gym Battle
- Niantic Teases New Pokémon GO Event If Players Meet Goal
- FireRed and LeafGreen Trainer Outfits Added to Pokémon GO
- Did Niantic Give Away The Next Pokémon GO Community Day Pokémon?
- Pokémon GO Expands Community Day Due to Unsurprising Server Issues
- Skybound Entertainment Reveals New VR Title ‘The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners’ - July 18, 2018
- Daybreak Games Adds the Teen Titans to DC Universe Online - July 18, 2018
- The Walking Dead: The Final Season Receives a New SDCC Trailer - July 18, 2018
- ‘Survived By’ Moves Into the Closed Beta Phase and Invites Everyone - July 18, 2018
- Middle-Earth: Shadow of War’s Next Update Will Remove In-Game Market - July 18, 2018