According to The Hollywood Reporter Diane Nelson, the head of DC Entertainment, is taking a leave of absence beginning on April 2nd. The announcement was made by Warner Bros. Entertainment CEO Kevin Tsujihara in a memo that is posted below. The leave of absence comes after Nelson reported had some personal problems and wanted to shift her focus on “new priorities” for herself and her family.
The extended break has the full support of Tsujihara, according to insiders, and will begin April 2. While no set time period for the break has been pre-determined, Nelson is expected to return.
The memo also details that the team DC Executive Management team will report to Thomas Gewecke (Chief Digital Officer and EVP, Strategy and Business Development) during this leave of absence but is not taking Nelson’s job. The memo goes on to break down how things are going to be run while Nelson is on her leave.
The full memo as provided to The Hollywood Reporter is below and this story is developing, so we’ll update you if we learn any additional information.
Diane Nelson, President of DC Entertainment and President of Warner Bros. Consumer Products, has decided to take time off starting Monday, April 2. After 22 years with the company, she wants to recharge, as well as have immediate and uninterrupted time with her family. This is her decision and the entire senior management team and I support this, and will help facilitate it as follows:
– The DC Executive Management team will report to Thomas Gewecke (Chief Digital Officer and EVP, Strategy and Business Development) in the interim
– Pam Lifford will report to me in the interim
Diane continues to be an important member of the Warner Bros. family and has worked on many of our most iconic properties. She has contributed greatly to the company’s successes, and we look forward to her returning to the Studio.
In the meantime, please don’t hesitate to reach out to your management team, Thomas or me if you have any questions.
Thank you for your support and continued commitment to excellence in everything we do.
- Joe Russo Gave Tom Holland a Fake Avengers: Infinity War Script - April 19, 2018
- Colin Trevorrow Says Jurassic World 3 Will Be a “Science Thriller” like Jurassic Park - April 18, 2018
- Brad Bird Explains Why There Is No Time Jump in Incredibles 2 - April 18, 2018
- Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom – The New Direction While Remaining True to the Universe - April 18, 2018
- Avengers: Infinity War – Shuri is More “Tech-Savvy” Than Iron Man - April 18, 2018