This week we discuss Matango, a Japanese film from Ishiro Honda (director of the original Godzilla) that trades giant monsters for a more creeping, sinister kind of horror. Known in the US as Attack of the Mushroom People, the movie tells the story of a group of famous people who all get shipwrecked, only to discover that their uncharted desert isle is infested with deadly, transforming mushrooms.
Listen on YouTube:
Check out the trailer:
Castle of Horror/Castle Talk Podcast Links:
Join us over on Facebook to chime in.
The show is hosted here. Get our RSS Feed. Subscribe at iTunes. Listen on Stitcher. Or on YouTube.
The Team: Hosted by Jason Henderson, one of the writers for Bungie’s Destiny 2: Curse of Osiris and creator of the HarperTeen novel series Alex Van Helsing. Featuring Drew Edwards, creator of Halloween Man, Tony Salvaggio, Tech Director at of Rooster Teeth Studios and Clockwerx from Humanoids, attorney Julia Guzman of Guzman Immigration of Denver, and Jamie Bahr, lead singer and upright bassist of the rock and roll band Danger*Cakes.
- Destiny 2 Adds the 1.1.4 Update with Speed Boosts and Weapon Buffs
- The Sandlot Gets a Wave of Funko Pops, and We Need Them Now!
- Castle Talk: Jennifer Ziegler Juggles Middle Grade Voices in Revenge of the Teacher’s Pets - July 20, 2018
- California Tiki: The Man in the Gray Flannel Suit, ‘Mad Men’ of the ’50s – a Rare Glimpse of American Psychic Scars - July 12, 2018
- Castle Talk: ‘Occupation’ Is an Australian ‘Red Dawn’ with Alien Invaders - July 10, 2018
- Castle Talk: Ghosts, Legends, and Love in the New Spanish Translation of Summer of the Mariposas - July 6, 2018
- Castle of Horror: In Earth vs. Flying Saucers, No Alien Comes in Peace - July 2, 2018