Tonight is the season 1 finale of The Alienist, and the team is closing in on the suspected killer — but they are missing one member of their group. Laszlo (Daniel Brühl) is still reeling from the death of his close friend two episodes back and has shut himself away from the world while John (Luke Evans), Sara (Dakota Fanning), Marcus (Douglas Smith), and Lucius (Matthew Shear) have continued working the case. They have discovered who the killer is and where he lives but have not yet caught him.
In the clip from tonight’s episode, Castle in the Sky, Sara has gone round to visit Laszlo and opens up to him about her father. Her mother died when she was young and her father raised her himself, teaching her many things that a normal girl of that era wouldn’t learn, like shooting and drinking whiskey. But in the very dramatic scene, Sara tells of her father’s depression and how it lead to him attempting suicide. But he lost his nerve and tried to remove the gun from his mouth and it went off, leaving him in great pain. She found him and it appears she helped him finish the job. She obviously tells the story to try to connect with the pain that Laszlo is suffering and try to give him a way out of the depression. It’s a pretty powerful scene from what I expect will be a powerful hour of television.
The Alienist season finale airs tonight at 9 p.m. on TNT.
- 5 Things We Want to See in Krypton Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Gotham Season 5, the Final Season - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Black Lightning Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in DC’s Legends of Tomorrow Season 4 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Supergirl Season 4 - June 30, 2018