Let’s face it: there is some pretty low-hanging fruit that the upcoming Teen Titans GO! To the Movies could make fun of when it comes to DC movies. There have been a bunch, and while many are fondly remembered, there are also some legendary duds. One of those duds is the butt of a joke in the latest TV spot for the movie.
Superman, Wonder Woman, and John Stewart Green Lantern are all there — and Starfire asks Stewart if anyone has ever made a movie about him. His response? “There was a Green Lantern movie, but… we don’t talk about that.”
— Teen Titans GO Movie (@TeenTitansMovie) March 24, 2018
Well, at least most of the people who starred in the Green Lantern movie have moved onto bigger and better things. And it’s one more joke that this movie can make. Keep up the stellar marketing, Teen Titans GO! To the Movies. Between this, the Wonder Woman gag, and casting Nicolas Cage as Superman, you’re reaching Deadpool levels of self-awareness.
Summary: It’s time to get started, but first Beast Boy needs to get movie tickets. But while the crew are under attack, Beast Boy loses the tickets.
Teen Titans Go! To the Movies, directed by Aaron Horvath and Peter Rida Michail, stars Scott Menville, Tara Strong, Khary Payton, Greg Cipes, Hynden Watch, Kristen Bell, and Will Arnett. It will be released on July 27th.
- Aaron Taylor-Johnson Comments on Quicksilver’s Return for Avengers 4 - October 19, 2018
- Netflix Cancels Marvel’s Luke Cage After 2 Seasons - October 19, 2018
- Daredevil Season 3: 3 New Behind-the-Scenes Photos - October 19, 2018
- Check Out Some Armored Sharks in These New Aquaman Images - October 19, 2018
- Disney’s Jungle Cruise Gets Delayed 9 Months - October 19, 2018