She isn’t going to be in Avengers: Infinity War, but that doesn’t mean the writers of Avengers 4 aren’t super excited about Captain Marvel. Kevin Feige has already gone on record saying that she is one of the strongest characters in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, and screenwriter Christopher Markus (of the three Captain America films) spoke to Screen Rant about writing Carol Danvers.
Well, super excited to have her—for one thing. You know, that movie does not exist yet so we’re following up on something that is good intentions at the moment. But that’s a power scale that right now doesn’t exist in the MCU.
When it comes to whom Captain Marvel reminds Markus of, he actually said it was Steve Rogers, aka Captain America.
She’s, I should say, in some ways the closest to Captain America which is a weird, now rare kind of character which is sort of a person who’s right and knows they’re right and doesn’t really want to hear it when you tell them they’re wrong. So, with all these flawed, fucked up people and Quill who’s a mess and Tony who’s a massive ego all contorted. It’s fun to get another person with a clear vision in there and going, “Shut up.”
It kind of makes sense that they would write Carol a lot like Steve, since it sounds like Chris Evans is done with the role post-Avengers 4. The team is going to need a new leader, and Carol might just be the person who takes up that position. She hasn’t technically led an Avengers team, but she did lead A-Force and the recent Ultimates lineup for a short time, so it would be a big deal if this is the direction in which they take her character.
Summary: As the Avengers and their allies have continued to protect the world from threats too large for any one hero to handle, a new danger has emerged from the cosmic shadows: Thanos. A despot of intergalactic infamy, his goal is to collect all six Infinity Stones, artifacts of unimaginable power, and use them to inflict his twisted will on all of reality. Everything the Avengers have fought for has led up to this moment – the fate of Earth and existence itself has never been more uncertain.
Avengers: Infinity War, directed by Anthony and Joe Russo, stars Robert Downey Jr., Josh Brolin, Mark Ruffalo, Tom Hiddleston, Chris Evans, Chris Hemsworth, Jeremy Renner, Chris Pratt, Elizabeth Olsen, Sebastian Stan, Benedict Cumberbatch, Paul Bettany, Chadwick Boseman, Benedict Wong, Zoe Saldana, Karen Gillan, Vin Diesel, Dave Bautista, Pom Klementieff, Scarlett Johansson, Don Cheadle, Tom Holland, Bradley Cooper, Sean Gunn, and Anthony Mackie. It will be released on April 27th.
- MLB 2018: The Nationals Should Handle the NL East - Is it Finally Their Year?
- MLB 2018: Nobody Can Hang With Houston – Who Will Finish Second in the AL West?
- Solo: A Star Wars Story - Let's Take a Look at the Han Solo LEGO Brickheadz Figure
- Joe Russo Gave Tom Holland a Fake Avengers: Infinity War Script - April 19, 2018
- Colin Trevorrow Says Jurassic World 3 Will Be a “Science Thriller” like Jurassic Park - April 18, 2018
- Brad Bird Explains Why There Is No Time Jump in Incredibles 2 - April 18, 2018
- Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom – The New Direction While Remaining True to the Universe - April 18, 2018
- Avengers: Infinity War – Shuri is More “Tech-Savvy” Than Iron Man - April 18, 2018