As we all sit on the edges of our seats waiting for Avengers: Infinity War it’s kind of funny that we don’t really know anything about Avengers 4. At first the movies were being pitched as a part one and two but that has changed. Now we have two very different movies and we know almost nothing about Avengers 4. It turns out that just the title could be considered a spoiler and according to co-writer Stephen McFeely, as he said to Premiere, fans can speculate all they want but they have no idea.
“We know pretty much what’s going on in Avengers 3. You’ve been told who’s the bad guy and what he wants for several movies and it’s not going to change: that’s what’s going to happen. you run it in the best possible way with twists along the way, but you have no idea what Avengers is.4 Nobody knows, and that’s what makes me particularly excited. look all the time on the internet: people have no idea!”
McFeely goes on to say that the movies are obviously linked but they are very different in terms of tone and genre.
He tells us that both films are “clearly linked, but they almost seem to belong to two different genres. We did not want to cut a film in half and say: ‘Pay now and come back in a year for the rest ‘These are two very different stories.”
“At the level of the tone but also the structure, ” says fellow co-writer Christopher Markus . “The 4 resolves the intrigues of the 3.”
We can probably say with decent certainty that we’ll learn more about Avengers 4 once Infinity War has been out for a bit. If the title really is a spoiler they probably will hold off on revealing it publicly just to make sure no one is accidentally spoiled. As for the promise of a completely different tone and genre? That is the thing that’s going to keep supehero movies interesting so bring it on.
Summary: As the Avengers and their allies have continued to protect the world from threats too large for any one hero to handle, a new danger has emerged from the cosmic shadows: Thanos. A despot of intergalactic infamy, his goal is to collect all six Infinity Stones, artifacts of unimaginable power, and use them to inflict his twisted will on all of reality. Everything the Avengers have fought for has led up to this moment – the fate of Earth and existence itself has never been more uncertain.
Avengers: Infinity War, directed by Anthony and Joe Russo, stars Robert Downey Jr., Josh Brolin, Mark Ruffalo, Tom Hiddleston, Chris Evans, Chris Hemsworth, Jeremy Renner, Chris Pratt, Elizabeth Olsen, Sebastian Stan, Benedict Cumberbatch, Paul Bettany, Chadwick Boseman, Benedict Wong, Zoe Saldana, Karen Gillan, Vin Diesel, Dave Bautista, Pom Klementieff, Scarlett Johansson, Don Cheadle, Tom Holland, Bradley Cooper, Sean Gunn, and Anthony Mackie. It will be released on April 27th.
- MLB 2018: The Nationals Should Handle the NL East - Is it Finally Their Year?
- MLB 2018: Nobody Can Hang With Houston – Who Will Finish Second in the AL West?
- Solo: A Star Wars Story - Let's Take a Look at the Han Solo LEGO Brickheadz Figure
- Joe Russo Gave Tom Holland a Fake Avengers: Infinity War Script - April 19, 2018
- Colin Trevorrow Says Jurassic World 3 Will Be a “Science Thriller” like Jurassic Park - April 18, 2018
- Brad Bird Explains Why There Is No Time Jump in Incredibles 2 - April 18, 2018
- Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom – The New Direction While Remaining True to the Universe - April 18, 2018
- Avengers: Infinity War – Shuri is More “Tech-Savvy” Than Iron Man - April 18, 2018