This week during GDC, Spike Chunsoft made a few announcements, some of which we’ve talked about and others we’ll get to. One of the more surprising headlines from them is that Zanki Zero: Last Beginning will be coming to PS4 and Steam for North America and Europe. Below we have the official trailer, game description, plot, and features that have been floating around social media, Reddit, and other news sites today since the news broke. Unfortunately, no release date was given for the game, so we probably won’t hear more until at least E3.
About Zanki Zero: Last Beginning
From producer Yoshinori Terasawa and game designer Takayuki Sugawara, the creators of the Danganronpa series, comes a new kind of survival game, Zanki Zero: Last Beginning. Explore the ruins, dungeons, and islands in this post-apocalyptic world through the POV of eight protagonists as they fight for survival and search for meaning in their never-ending cycles of life and death.
God created the world in seven days. It only took one day for humans to destroy the world. Life as we knew it sank to the depths of the sea…until yesterday. We do not yet know the broken world and the reasons left behind there. An earth where ruins drift about. Buildings, houses, light posts. Cars, traffic lights, asphalt… Modern civilization was destroyed, becoming nothing more than debris wading in the sea. New ruins drift one after the other before the protagonist, who lives on one of those decaying islands.
- 8 Clones, 7 Deadly Sins, Infinite Lives – Play from the POV of one of eight protagonists in each chapter and explore the dungeons, towers, and islands to uncover the deadly sins of the protagonists’ past.
- Survival of the Fittest – Hunt for materials and food while fending off monsters in real-time battle environments, but don’t forget to sleep, eat, and go to the bathroom (seriously, it’s bad for your health and fatal for your party).
- Live, Die, Repeat – With only 13 days in one life cycle, each clone’s stats, abilities and capabilities differ from youth to old age. Depending on how you die, you can even earn bonus upgrades for your next life cycle. Take advantage of each life cycle to the fullest!
- Spike Chunsoft Announces AI: The Somnium Files at Anime Expo 2018
- Fire Pro Wrestling World is Coming to PS4 This Summer
- Spike Chunsoft Will Reveal 4 New Localization Games at GDC 2018
- Dead Dead Demon's Dededede Destruction and Girl Beats Boys: VIZ Media April 2018 Solicits
- New Japan Pro Wrestling is Officially Coming to Fire Pro Wrestling World
- Returning To Glory: We Review 'Fire Pro Wrestling World'
- MoonQuest is Finally Released After Seven Years of Development - July 15, 2018
- Konami Offers Internship to the P.T. Remake Creator After Shut Down - July 15, 2018
- Fortnite’s First Summer Skirmish Called Off Due to Server Lag - July 15, 2018
- Guts and Glory Receives a Console Trailer Before Next Week’s Release - July 15, 2018
- CD Projekt Red Explains the First-Person Gameplay of Cyberpunk 2077 - July 15, 2018