We all know that Tom Cruise is a wee bit insane when it comes to doing his own stunts. The man strapped himself to an airplane in the last Mission: Impossible movie and now he’s going to pilot a helicoptor for one of the big stunts of the movie. Last month there was a featurette released about the sheer insanity of this stunt and in the latest issue of Empire Magazine director Christopher McQuarrie talked about the stunts and we got a new image from that scene in the movie.
“On this one, there was the constant search for The Stunt,” McQuarrie said. “But once I’d let go of it as an obligation, and stopped obsessing about it, another one came. And another one. And another one.”
As we said last month; only Cruise would look at a stunt like that and go, “I want everyone to know I’m flying this helicopter, otherwise the immersion is going to be totally ruined.” You have to admire his dedication if nothing else.
Summary: Ethan Hunt and his IMF team, along with some familiar allies, race against time after a mission gone wrong.
Mission: Impossible Fallout, directed by Christoper McQuarrie, stars Tom Cruise, Simon Pegg, Rebecca Ferguson, Henry Cavill, Vanessa Kirby, Alec Baldwin, and Angela Bassett. It will be released on July 27th.
- Joe Russo Gave Tom Holland a Fake Avengers: Infinity War Script - April 19, 2018
- Colin Trevorrow Says Jurassic World 3 Will Be a “Science Thriller” like Jurassic Park - April 18, 2018
- Brad Bird Explains Why There Is No Time Jump in Incredibles 2 - April 18, 2018
- Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom – The New Direction While Remaining True to the Universe - April 18, 2018
- Avengers: Infinity War – Shuri is More “Tech-Savvy” Than Iron Man - April 18, 2018