Bandai Namco held a special livestream today where the company announced that God Eater 3 would be coming this year, and it would be making its way to the PS4 and Steam. To be clear, the release was only announced for Japan and no official date was given for the game, but the entire stream was dedicated to the game’s 8th anniversary along with the reveal of the new title. Various websites have translated bits and pieces from the livestream (which we have for you to watch below) and they do give insight into the story and what you can expect when it finally comes out.
The new game’s story will feature a major event happening in an area they call the “Ash Region” where all of the structures affected by it were basically reduced to ash. The only people able to withstand this new phenomenon are Adaptive God Eaters (AGE), and one of them is the new protagonist Hugo Pennywort (who will be voiced by Tomokazu Seki). The character is apparently the leader by default as the rest of the team see him as the driving force, so more than likely he’ll have something to do with what’s happening in the region as well.
- Bandai Namco Show Off New Character Images for God Eater 3
- Bandai Namco Announces Dragon Quest VR with New Trailer
- Xbox's Phil Spencer Says They're Down for Banjo-Kazooie to Appear in Super Smash Bros.
- Bardock and Broly to Join Dragon Ball FighterZ Roster Next Week
- Ni No Kuni 2: Revenant Kingdom Gets a Beautiful Launch Trailer
- 'A Summer Lesson' Characters are Coming to Tekken 7
- Pokkén Tournament DX Reveals New DLC Screenshots
- Nintendo Switch to get Mercenaries Wings: The False Phoenix - October 22, 2018
- Blizzard is Giving Away Diablo III Switch Bundles in a Treasure Hunt - October 22, 2018
- The Enclave Faction Returns in Fallout 76 - October 22, 2018
- Jade Raymond, Founder of EA Motive, Has Left the Company - October 22, 2018
- Intellivision Releases a New Trailer for the Amico Console - October 22, 2018