Bandai Namco held a special livestream today where the company announced that God Eater 3 would be coming this year, and it would be making its way to the PS4 and Steam. To be clear, the release was only announced for Japan and no official date was given for the game, but the entire stream was dedicated to the game’s 8th anniversary along with the reveal of the new title. Various websites have translated bits and pieces from the livestream (which we have for you to watch below) and they do give insight into the story and what you can expect when it finally comes out.
The new game’s story will feature a major event happening in an area they call the “Ash Region” where all of the structures affected by it were basically reduced to ash. The only people able to withstand this new phenomenon are Adaptive God Eaters (AGE), and one of them is the new protagonist Hugo Pennywort (who will be voiced by Tomokazu Seki). The character is apparently the leader by default as the rest of the team see him as the driving force, so more than likely he’ll have something to do with what’s happening in the region as well.
- Bandai Namco Announces Dragon Quest VR with New Trailer
- Xbox's Phil Spencer Says They're Down for Banjo-Kazooie to Appear in Super Smash Bros.
- Bardock and Broly to Join Dragon Ball FighterZ Roster Next Week
- Ni No Kuni 2: Revenant Kingdom Gets a Beautiful Launch Trailer
- 'A Summer Lesson' Characters are Coming to Tekken 7
- Pokkén Tournament DX Reveals New DLC Screenshots
- Merged Zamasu Confirmed for Dragon Ball FighterZ - April 23, 2018
- YouTube Drops Thousands of Partners in New “Know Your Customer” Policy - April 23, 2018
- Square Enix Shows Off New Screenshots and Art for Octopath Traveler - April 22, 2018
- Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night Want Your Thoughts on DLC - April 22, 2018
- Princess Maker 5 Gets a Quick PC Release Date for This Week - April 22, 2018