Overwatch League, Dallas Fuel’s monumental tank woes have continued as recent signing Minseok ‘OGE’ Son has been suspended for account boosting.
Dallas Fuel has been a calamity of a team since the Overwatch League started. Many expected the outfit to be one of, if not the best non-all-Korean team when things kicked off, but that hasn’t been the case. Instead, the team is currently rocking a 5-14 record overall and only a 2-7 record for Stage 2 which concludes this week. The team have struggled to find synergy, and to add to that, a lot of chaos was added with the two suspensions of main tank Félix “xQc” Lengyel. However, the team let xQc go, and seemingly was on the way to righting itself with the acquisition of new tank OGE. Many hoped it would all come together in Stage 3 with his arrival.
Well, the team can’t catch a break it seems. It’s been announced that xQc’s replacement has been suspended for 4 games on the grounds of account boosting. In a statement, Blizzard said that the scheme took place in summer 2017. They added:
Account boosting, wherein an individual is paid to increase another user’s Skill Rating, is contrary to the values of the Overwatch League, and violates the Blizzard End User License Agreement.
Account boosting has had a big profile in some of the suspensions around professional play in Overwatch, and in the grand scheme of things a 4 game suspension is on the more lenient side. That all being said, it seems that Dallas is finally stabilising even without OGE. Last night, Fuel took on what many would call the best team in the league in New York Excelsior and pushed them to an overtime 2-3 finish. Despite the loss, they looked much, much better. Hopefully, after this latest suspension, this team can finally pull itself together and really become the team many suspected they’d be at the start of the season.
- Twitch Will Be Doing New Things to Enhance Overwatch League's Viewing Experience
- Blizzard Brings Back the Overwatch World Cup for 2018
- Overwatch Adding an "Avoid as Teammate" Option to Social Options
- Overwatch League's Code of Conduct is Leaked to Public
- Edge Transit’s Drop Rate is Getting a Nerf in Destiny 2 - September 21, 2018
- Destiny 2’s Ace of Spades Quest Now Much Easier Thanks To Hotfix - September 21, 2018
- Red Dead Redemption 2 Can Be Played in First-Person - September 20, 2018
- Call of Cthulhu Gets a Spooky New Gameplay Trailer - September 20, 2018
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Blackout Could Have 100 Players as Capacity Increased to End Beta - September 18, 2018