The screenings for Ready Player One have begun, and after a successful premiere at South by Southwest (SXSW) earlier this month (despite some technical issues), people are getting a little more hyped about this movie. So now seems like a great time for Entertainment Weekly to put out a new cover. They also spoke to actress Lena Waithe about her character of Aech, who lives under the avatar that looks like one of the orcs from Warcraft.
“Mr. T meets Michael Clarke Duncan meets Ice Cube meets Rambo.”
Waithe goes on to talk about how Aech is living a very different life in the OASIS compared to reality.
“She’s pretending to be something she isn’t, but in that sense it’s still really her personality,” Waithe says. “She had to have that swagger, that confidence. That’s a privilege that maybe she doesn’t have in the real world.”
Finally we the cover, which looks pretty badass.
Summary: When the creator of a virtual reality world called the OASIS dies, he releases a video in which he challenges all OASIS users to find his Easter Egg, which will give the finder his fortune. Wade Watts finds the first clue and starts a race for the Egg.
Ready Player One, directed by Steven Spielberg, stars Tye Sheridan, Olivia Cooke, Simon Pegg, T.J. Miller, Mark Rylance, and Ben Mendelsohn. It will be released on March 29th.
- Joe Russo Gave Tom Holland a Fake Avengers: Infinity War Script - April 19, 2018
- Colin Trevorrow Says Jurassic World 3 Will Be a “Science Thriller” like Jurassic Park - April 18, 2018
- Brad Bird Explains Why There Is No Time Jump in Incredibles 2 - April 18, 2018
- Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom – The New Direction While Remaining True to the Universe - April 18, 2018
- Avengers: Infinity War – Shuri is More “Tech-Savvy” Than Iron Man - April 18, 2018