The screenings for Ready Player One have begun, and after a successful premiere at South by Southwest (SXSW) earlier this month (despite some technical issues), people are getting a little more hyped about this movie. So now seems like a great time for Entertainment Weekly to put out a new cover. They also spoke to actress Lena Waithe about her character of Aech, who lives under the avatar that looks like one of the orcs from Warcraft.
“Mr. T meets Michael Clarke Duncan meets Ice Cube meets Rambo.”
Waithe goes on to talk about how Aech is living a very different life in the OASIS compared to reality.
“She’s pretending to be something she isn’t, but in that sense it’s still really her personality,” Waithe says. “She had to have that swagger, that confidence. That’s a privilege that maybe she doesn’t have in the real world.”
Finally we the cover, which looks pretty badass.
Summary: When the creator of a virtual reality world called the OASIS dies, he releases a video in which he challenges all OASIS users to find his Easter Egg, which will give the finder his fortune. Wade Watts finds the first clue and starts a race for the Egg.
Ready Player One, directed by Steven Spielberg, stars Tye Sheridan, Olivia Cooke, Simon Pegg, T.J. Miller, Mark Rylance, and Ben Mendelsohn. It will be released on March 29th.
- Brooklyn Nine-Nine Season 6: 2 New Promos Parody Die Hard - December 10, 2018
- Emmet Throws a Holiday Party in this New The LEGO 2: The Second One Short - December 10, 2018
- [Very] Early Estimates Say Avengers: Endgame Could Make $2B at the Worldwide Box Office - December 9, 2018
- Amy Adams Thinks She’s Out of the DC Universe - December 9, 2018
- Carol Danvers Stands Tall in This New Poster for Captain Marvel - December 8, 2018