The screenings for Ready Player One have begun, and after a successful premiere at South by Southwest (SXSW) earlier this month (despite some technical issues), people are getting a little more hyped about this movie. So now seems like a great time for Entertainment Weekly to put out a new cover. They also spoke to actress Lena Waithe about her character of Aech, who lives under the avatar that looks like one of the orcs from Warcraft.
“Mr. T meets Michael Clarke Duncan meets Ice Cube meets Rambo.”
Waithe goes on to talk about how Aech is living a very different life in the OASIS compared to reality.
“She’s pretending to be something she isn’t, but in that sense it’s still really her personality,” Waithe says. “She had to have that swagger, that confidence. That’s a privilege that maybe she doesn’t have in the real world.”
Finally we the cover, which looks pretty badass.
Summary: When the creator of a virtual reality world called the OASIS dies, he releases a video in which he challenges all OASIS users to find his Easter Egg, which will give the finder his fortune. Wade Watts finds the first clue and starts a race for the Egg.
Ready Player One, directed by Steven Spielberg, stars Tye Sheridan, Olivia Cooke, Simon Pegg, T.J. Miller, Mark Rylance, and Ben Mendelsohn. It will be released on March 29th.
- Dove Cameron Talks Her Version of Spider-Gwen from Marvel Rising: Initiation - July 16, 2018
- How a Broken Ankle Helped Mission: Impossible – Fallout - July 16, 2018
- James Wan Talks About Keeping Aquaman a Self-Contained Film - July 16, 2018
- RUMOR: The Team of Awesome Ladies Set to Appear in Birds of Prey - July 16, 2018
- Shazam! Lights Up in New Image from the Upcoming DC Movie - July 16, 2018