Since season one of Lucifer, the character of Mazikeen (Lesley-Ann Brandt) has not been happy about being on Earth. Where Lucifer Morningstar (Tom Ellis) loves being in Los Angeles and dealing with humans, Maze would prefer to be in Hell. Yes she has made friends with Dr. Laura (Rachael Harris), Chloe (Lauren German) and even Trixie (Scarlett Estevez), had a relationship with Amenidiel (D.B. Woodside), and found a calling as a bounty hunter… but she would still prefer to go home.
But will she get to? It sounds like that might happen if she’s willing to pay the price. Co-showrunner Joe Henderson told TVLine:
Maze certainly wants to get back to Hell, but to get there, she may need to make her own deal with a devil. And the question will be if the cost is too high even for her….
Now, that’s pretty vague, but if I think the key thing to look at there is the use of the letter “a”. Lucifer is the devil, but Henderson said she has to make a deal with a devil. Is there someone else in charge down below, or are we looking at the seven princes of hell? Who’s the new boss, and is he the same as the old boss?
Lucifer airs Mondays at 8 p.m. ET on Fox.
- 5 Things We Want to See in Krypton Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Gotham Season 5, the Final Season - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Black Lightning Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in DC’s Legends of Tomorrow Season 4 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Supergirl Season 4 - June 30, 2018