Syfy has released a clip from the second episode of their new series Krypton. The series premiered on Wednesday to 1.3 million total audience and a 0.4 rating in the 18-49 demographic making it the fifth highest cable rated hour of the night, behind two NBA games, Black Ink Crew and Street Outlaw: No Prep. It was quite a bump up from it’s lead in, The Magicians, who pulled 766,000 total viewers and a 0.3 rating and that series has already been renewed. These numbers are comparable to those of the Arrowverse series on the CW.
Taking a look at the clip below it features Seg-El (Cameron Cuffe) being led Nyssa (Wallis Day) to a meeting with her father, Daron-Vex (Elliot Cowan). In the room with Daron is the religious leader that wears the mask showing the many faces of Rao. The mask has seven faces, one each for the old gods and one for the one, true god Rao. Daron explains the Kryptonian story of creation and how Rao saw a waste of potential and decided to create the stars and the planets. And of course the most perfect planet became Krypton. We’ve heard some of the religious history of the planet in comics and even on Supergirl, but I don’t believe we’ve heard this part of the story before.
As much as I think the coming of Brainiac is interesting, I am very curious to know who is under the mask.
Krypton airs Wednesdays at 10 PM on Syfy.
- 5 Things We Want to See in Krypton Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Gotham Season 5, the Final Season - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Black Lightning Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in DC’s Legends of Tomorrow Season 4 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Supergirl Season 4 - June 30, 2018