Amy Acker is no stranger to genre television. She has appeared on Angel, Supernatural, Alias, Dollhouse, Human Target, No Ordinary Family, Grimm, Once Upon a Time, Warehouse 13, Agents of Shield and Person of Interest. So, needless to say, she has a better than average idea of what being on a show like that could mean and how just about anything could pop up in the next script. She is currently playing Kate Strucker, the mother of two mutants who only recently discovered their powers. In the first season of Fox’s The Gifted, Kate and her husband Reed (Stephen Moyer) go on the run with Lauren (Natalie Alyn Lind) and Andy (Percy Hynes White).
Now that season one is done and talks of season two are happening, Aker would like to see her character become a bit less domestic. She told TVLine:
This first season was about getting into this world, and now I’m ready for crazy stuff to happen. Not that crazy stuff hasn’t already happened, but my character has stayed pretty much in ‘the Mom realm,’ so I’m excited to see if they let me go outside of that. The reason I’ve always liked doing genre shows is that anything can happen.
Season 2 of the Gifted has already been approved for the fall. Whether the series will stick to the 13-episode format of season one or expand to a more standard network 22-episode season remains to be seen.
- 5 Things We Want to See in Krypton Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Gotham Season 5, the Final Season - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Black Lightning Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in DC’s Legends of Tomorrow Season 4 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Supergirl Season 4 - June 30, 2018