Storm King Productions has been delivering comic miniseries co-created by the legendary John Carpenter (for those who have seen my reviews of Vortex). The next installment is The Standoff, a tale from writer David Schow and artist Andres Esparza. Details below.
JOHN CARPENTER TALES OF SCI FI STANDOFF #1 (OF 5)
(W) David Schow (A) Andres Esparza (CA) Tim Bradstreet
Tattersall Prison. Max lock. The baddest of the bad. Until something from the night sky crashes into the complex, trapping cons and guards on the inside, cops on the outside, and the escapees in-between. All of the threatened by a hideous invader who needs to take over nice, warm human bodies. It’s a hostage situation. It’s a battle between species. It’s the Earth’s most serious standoff.
In Shops: Jun 27, 2018
- Red Hood and the Outlaws #24 Review: A Bizarrely Affecting and Tragic Story - July 13, 2018
- Exiles #5 Review: A Glorious Conclusion to the First Arc - July 13, 2018
- Domino #4 Review: The Battle of Humor, Stakes, and Sincerity - July 13, 2018
- Champions #22 Review: New Heroes and Identities, Same Lovable Team - July 13, 2018
- The Punisher #227 Review: Hunting Hydra with Black Widow and Winter Soldier - July 13, 2018