Storm King Productions has been delivering comic miniseries co-created by the legendary John Carpenter (for those who have seen my reviews of Vortex). The next installment is The Standoff, a tale from writer David Schow and artist Andres Esparza. Details below.
JOHN CARPENTER TALES OF SCI FI STANDOFF #1 (OF 5)
(W) David Schow (A) Andres Esparza (CA) Tim Bradstreet
Tattersall Prison. Max lock. The baddest of the bad. Until something from the night sky crashes into the complex, trapping cons and guards on the inside, cops on the outside, and the escapees in-between. All of the threatened by a hideous invader who needs to take over nice, warm human bodies. It’s a hostage situation. It’s a battle between species. It’s the Earth’s most serious standoff.
In Shops: Jun 27, 2018
- Vinegar Teeth #4 Review: The Explosive Finale to the Squidtastic Buddy Cop Story - April 21, 2018
- Infidel #2 Review: Continues to Terrify and Absorb the Reader - April 21, 2018
- Skyward #1 Review: Exhilarating and Unique - April 21, 2018
- Black Hammer Age of Doom #1 Review: Interesting but Very Slow - April 21, 2018
- Her Infernal Descent #1 Review: Lynn’s Inferno or Blake’s Divine Comedy - April 21, 2018