Recently I subscribed to Japan Crate, and today I got my first box! I love Japanese snacks and food, so this was a no-brainer for me. Once a month I get a box full of Japanese snacks and a drink, and I go nuts. This month I got a variety of delicious snacks, and I can’t wait to try them all.
First up, I tried the Okonomiyaki Taro strip.
I’ve had okonomiyaki in the past, and I am a fan of the food. I was hesitant to eat this since it’s not actually okonomiyaki, and it kind of looks like bark. The traditional Japanese sauce used with it (tastes sort of like soy sauce) is very strong, while the red ginger flavor is subtle. This was also impossibly chewy. I think I still have some in my teeth. Overall, this isn’t the best thing I’ve ever eaten — I’m glad I had it first.
- Barzinga at Kansas City BBQ to Enjoy Top Gun and SDCC 2018! - July 22, 2018
- Nerd Food: Tasting Super Hero Ice Cream at SDCC 2018! - July 22, 2018
- Betty and Veronica ’80s-Inspired Limited-Edition Pin Set Debuts at SDCC - July 22, 2018
- Chatting with Mike Carbonaro About the Past and Future of Big Apple Comic Con - July 21, 2018
- We Played Shadow of the Tomb Raider at SDCC and Chatted with the Game’s Head Devs - July 21, 2018